PDA

View Full Version : ROI to ITM ratio

Barcalounger
01-31-2005, 01:57 PM
I recently hit a cold streak in the $33 SNG on party, so I took a voluntary demotion to the $22 to get my head straight. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but after a few hundred $33s I was running at about 33% ITM and 10% ROI. After a couple hundred $22s I am running at about 33% ITM and 40% ROI. Even though the bloated ROI is nice, I can't help but think that I'm not really playing any better because my ITM has stayed the same. It seems to me that moneying less often would make my ROI swings that much larger, so I could just be on a hot streak where my seconds are all turning into firsts right now. Any suggestions for working my ITM% up towards 40%, or "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and work on maintaining my ROI? Is there an ideal ratio of ROI to ITM?

eastbay
01-31-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am running at about 33% ITM and 40% ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an unsustainably high ratio, IMO. Ain't no way 40% will hold with 33% ITM.

eastbay

rachelwxm
01-31-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After a couple hundred $22s I am running at about 33% ITM and 40% ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure your number are right? I estimate for 33% ITM, you need to have something like
31% 1st
1% 2nd
1% 3rd
to get 40% ROI. Wow! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barcalounger
01-31-2005, 02:47 PM
I wish I had the numbers right in front of me, but I'm not good enough to quit the day job yet. You're right that 31% firsts doesn't make sense, so I must be using an old number somewhere. That'll teach me to post from work before doing the math. How about we adjust the ITM numbers to 35% and the $22 ROI down to 35% and I pose the same questions? Should I be worried about ITM if ROI is staying high? Wouldn't being more conservative on the bubble to get a few more ITM cost me some possible firsts and therefore ROI?

rachelwxm
01-31-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wish I had the numbers right in front of me, but I'm not good enough to quit the day job yet. You're right that 31% firsts doesn't make sense, so I must be using an old number somewhere. That'll teach me to post from work before doing the math. How about we adjust the ITM numbers to 35% and the $22 ROI down to 35% and I pose the same questions? Should I be worried about ITM if ROI is staying high? Wouldn't being more conservative on the bubble to get a few more ITM cost me some possible firsts and therefore ROI?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends, some people are more aggressive on bubble resulting in low ITM/ROI ratio. I tend to monitor my ROI breakdown by different stage so that I could make sure I don't have leak at bubbles, etc. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Barcalounger
01-31-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...monitor my ROI breakdown by different stage

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry if I'm being a complete idiot today, but that sounds like fun and I'd like to do that but I have no clue what that is. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

rachelwxm
01-31-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...monitor my ROI breakdown by different stage

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry if I'm being a complete idiot today, but that sounds like fun and I'd like to do that but I have no clue what that is. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
web page (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=127 5000&Forum=f22&Words=project&Searchpage=0&Limit=25 &Main=1275000&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=16758 &daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&olde rtype=&bodyprev=#Post1275000)
if you are interested and have enough HHs, you can send me the HHs and I can run my program to generate the ROI breakdowns. I have perform it for several others 2+2ers. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

lorinda
01-31-2005, 03:38 PM
I've only played you four times and you've run badly in those games, but I'm pretty sure you're not the kind of player to have an exceptional ROI vs ITM ratio.

I suspect it's just a streaky run.

Lori

Barcalounger
01-31-2005, 03:53 PM
I suspect it's mostly streak too, that's why I'm trying to "fix the roof before it starts raining" as it were. I'm not sure I like your tone of voice though, lorinda, and I look forward to proving myself against you ITM someday. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rachel, that magical program of yours sounds great. I'll get my HH to you post haste.

lorinda
01-31-2005, 03:58 PM
Heh.

Just to clear up, although I'm pretty sure you knew what I meant, I didn't see any unnatural crazy aggression or anything like that that would lead to such a ratio.

Lori

Barcalounger
01-31-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm just playin' lori. I know what you meant, although I wouldn't blame you if you thought I had big fat gills judging from my performance when we did play. I'm pretty sure I saw you at least once during my painful streak of 11 OOTM.

That would be a great feature in PT, tell me what stats my opponents would have on me in thier PT. What kind of table image I have with them. It wouldn't be able to handle observed games of course, but it'd be pretty useful at a table full of players you have a couple hundred hands against.

The Yugoslavian
01-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Or if pokertracker just alerted you to whether or not a particular opponent also had pokertracker.

Yugoslav

adanthar
01-31-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or if pokertracker just alerted you to whether or not a particular opponent also had pokertracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you assume that everyone in an SNG setting you have 500 hands on has PT, you're not going to be wrong very often.

I've played over 500 50's and there *may* be 3-5 people I have that many hands with. All of them almost certainly have it.