PDA

View Full Version : adjusting to loose home games - update

Bodhi
01-31-2005, 01:47 PM
I posted here last week about loose (and passive) home games and how to adjust to them as a limit player. I am normally tight, 19%vpip online.

Although I usually leave with a little profit, my tight strategy rarely made me a big winner. Specifically, a skilled player and friend of mine loosens up considerably in these home games, because of the improved implied odds of NL/PL. So I was advised to loosen up just a little bit and see more flops with my suited hands.

Loosening up just a little worked splendidly. I took 45% of the money from the table on Saturday night. Moreover, I hit 3 flushes, 2 of which I wouldn't have played were I selecting starting hands the way I do in a limit game. My table position was optimal, just to the left of the only LAG who bets regardless of the turn card if everyone checks the flop. Everyone else is loose and passive with one rock. Most of the money I made came from my opponents refusing to fold weak hands on 3 flush boards, or from their making timid bluffs at large pots. It was perfect.