PDA

View Full Version : TPBK vs. StopnGo.

sethypooh21
01-31-2005, 01:38 PM
By far the player I'm having the biggest problem with is the guy who defends his blinds all the time, and will bet into PF raisers with not much, any general tips before I get to two examples of hands I'm not sure I played well.

Hand One: Too aggressive on the turn? Call down initial bet, or fold to three-bet?

SB will bet into aggression with any reasonable piece of the board.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Hand 2: Crying call...Just a wait til the turn to raise gone bad or misplayed?

Villain is bad and has this note "Wildly inapproriatie bluff at big pots." (An example, playing 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif strong in a 4-way 3 bet pf plot with a board of a /images/graemlins/heart.gifq /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Apocalypse
01-31-2005, 01:50 PM
hand 1:
Your flop raise serves no purpose whatsoever..raise the river instead and call a 3-bet(raising the river makes twopairs and such 3-bet a little less than after a turnraise in fear of the rivered monster)

hand 2:
nothing wrong nor interesting to add here. If he rivered, too bad

sethypooh21
01-31-2005, 02:20 PM
On hand one you mean my turn raise serves no purpose right? If you really mean flop raise I guess I'm more lost and confused then I previously thought

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Hand 1, I would call down after he leads into you again on the turn.

Hand 2 looks fine.

Apocalypse
01-31-2005, 02:48 PM
HFAP defines the reasons for raising at pg95:

1. To get more money in the pot
2. To drive other players out
3. To Bluff (or Semibluff)
4. To get a freecard
5. To gain information

Of course i know you're thinking number one and two apply here to your hand but i ask you to look at the flop, and decide if this is really the case. How important is it on this particular flop to drive players out immediately. What are the benefits of overcalls as opposed to raising against what could be a better hand. Thus, does your raise actually add money to the pot, or does it, in a way, scare it off. When the turncard comes, ask yourself these same questions.

And when you're thinking about number 5 on the list, ask yourself who is getting the better info here. You or your opponent.

Of course i haven't played 1/2 for a long time anymore, but if their looseness is such they'll call their unders a lot anyway go ahead and raise: leave them the opportunity to make a big mistake as possible

spydog
01-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Hand 1: With a drawless board, I'm inclined to call the flop and raise the turn. Your turn raise is fine. It sucks to get 3-bet, and against many opponents I can find a fold here. It's not a crime to call down against unknowns or if the guy is laggy. Overall, you played this hand OK.

Hand 2: I like it. Based on your description of Villian, you might be able to get away with a river raise. This is ballsy but I doubt you'll see him 3-bet, even with an Ace.