PDA

View Full Version : watch too loose

schwza
01-31-2005, 12:43 PM
i bought a kenneth cole stainless steel watch recently, and took it to a jeweler to get it resized. the links are fairly big, so the sizing is pretty inexact, and the result is that the watch is too loose on my wrist. i can put my finger between the band and my wrist without much trouble, and the watch slides around more than i'd like.

so is there anything i can do about it besides kick myself for not returning it immediately? i find the watch somewhat uncomfortable and vaguely effeminate.

B00T
01-31-2005, 01:04 PM
do you have the link they took out at the jeweler? Usually they give it back to you...Just go back and have them put one back in...

Evan
01-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Why?

elwoodblues
01-31-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just go back and have them put one back in...

[/ QUOTE ]

and that would make the watch tighter????

B00T
01-31-2005, 01:15 PM
Whatever read it wrong...

Why doesn't he just have a link taken out. Obviously I am missing something...

Bluffoon
01-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Replace the band with a nice leather strap.

elwoodblues
01-31-2005, 01:22 PM
Is there anything you can wrap around the band to make it a little thicker (like a rubber band but more innoccuous)

Freakin
01-31-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i bought a kenneth cole stainless steel watch recently, and took it to a jeweler to get it resized. the links are fairly big, so the sizing is pretty inexact, and the result is that the watch is too loose on my wrist. i can put my finger between the band and my wrist without much trouble, and the watch slides around more than i'd like.

so is there anything i can do about it besides kick myself for not returning it immediately? i find the watch somewhat uncomfortable and vaguely effeminate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bulk up. I'm sure you can put on all sorts of muscle mass around your wrist....

Freakin

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-31-2005, 01:33 PM
Did you see the Howard Stern with Yaqi the professional tickler? He wrapped a sock around the chick's wrist before he put the restraints on because her wrist was too small. Good luck pulling off something similar without looking even less manly, though.

schwza
01-31-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever read it wrong...

Why doesn't he just have a link taken out. Obviously I am missing something...

[/ QUOTE ]

when i was getting it sized the first time, the guy gave it to me and said "you think it's too loose, right? if i take out another link, you won't be able to put it on." i was sure he was right, but i still had him take one out, and sure enough, i couldn't put it on.

schwza
01-31-2005, 01:35 PM
i tried putting it on my right wrist and found that it was somewhat more built than my left. hrmmmm.... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

tek
01-31-2005, 02:10 PM
Get some weights and do some wrist curls.

slickpoppa
01-31-2005, 02:18 PM
its very hard to make your wrists bigger by working out. All of your muscle is in you forearms. You wrist is just bones and tendons

tek
01-31-2005, 07:23 PM
If your forearms bulk up wouldn't your wrists get bigger?

lapoker17
01-31-2005, 08:52 PM
Jewelers can cut links in half and put the half link by the clasp so it isn't noticeable. Not sure that will handle the effeminate part though.

Leo99
01-31-2005, 10:18 PM
Have another link taken out. If that is too tight, ask to return it, get another band or ebay it. My wife got her watch resized and a battery replaced at a kiosk at the mall for like $7.