PDA

View Full Version : poker office vs. poker tracker

imported_etojim
01-31-2005, 12:22 PM
Any comments or recommendations?
Thanks

destro
01-31-2005, 04:36 PM
Havent used "office" but pokertracker is simply fantastic.
Highly recommended. Use it with "playerview" (a free third party add on) and you've got a great real-time stats generator.

Felix_Nietsche
01-31-2005, 04:40 PM
If you use yahoo mail to import hands, approximately 25% of the hands will not be imported....

Supposedly you can manual modify the output to a text file then import but I still have not achieeved a 100% import.

excession
01-31-2005, 05:09 PM
or you could play on party, ub , crypto or pokerroom where the hh all get written to your HD.. or you could be less of a cheapskate and get a proper pop3 email..

johnnybeef
01-31-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or you could play on party, ub , crypto or pokerroom where the hh all get written to your HD.. or you could be less of a cheapskate and get a proper pop3 email..

[/ QUOTE ]

ub doesnt write to your hd

Yads
01-31-2005, 07:45 PM
you can use the UB history importer located on the pokertracker site.

the_joker
01-31-2005, 08:26 PM
I use PokerOffice because it seemed easier to use than PokerTracker. I also like the MySQL database support. I don't have any complaints with it. I haven't used PokerTracker except the demo version.

imported_etojim
02-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the input. Does anyone know if you can export/import data from one program to the other?
Thanks again...

Dangergirl
02-01-2005, 09:17 PM
I use poker tracker, it's a must have.

Gamer
02-02-2005, 01:49 PM
You can import from PT to pokeroffice, but not the other way around.

IzMan
02-02-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you use yahoo mail to import hands, approximately 25% of the hands will not be imported....

Supposedly you can manual modify the output to a text file then import but I still have not achieeved a 100% import.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just started using PT and was having this problem. Even saving to a text file didn't help. Here's what I discovered was happening.

Yahoo automatically wraps text lines with a hard return. The really long lines are not the single line PT is looking for for input, thus it is seen as an incomplete history and throws an error.

To solve this, I open each hand history email in a "printable view" window. Then I select all text, copy, and paste it into a text editor. I remove the email headers, save text file, then import into PT. A few extra steps, yes, but no problems importing so far.

Hope this helped!

Iz

Felix_Nietsche
02-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks Iz, I'll give it a try.