PDA

View Full Version : What If your "wife's account" wins a tourney entry

grinin
01-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Sure, it's a longshot that I would even have to worry about this but.....

I was considering spending some of the PP players points on the PPM cruise freeroll (and empire's WSOP freeroll).

Would she be required to play at these events? or could I "stand in"? I won't have any problem getting her to go to vegas, however I would probably have to twist her arm on the cruise deal.

grouchie
01-31-2005, 12:31 PM
since your *cough* wife earned the spot, the wife gets to play in the tourney.
No stand ins.

if it happens maybe send an email saying "hey, I was playing that tourney for my wife so I should get to go dammit!!! no really, this was the only time i've ever played on her account, seriously."

Sheriff Fatman
01-31-2005, 12:32 PM
I believe the general rule nowadays is that she will have to play.

Someone posted in the WPT forum a while back that they'd had this situation occur and I don't think they were allowed to change players.

Sheriff

Sharingan
01-31-2005, 12:33 PM
If she's good enough to get all those points and then to win the tournament, I'm sure she'll be able to play the tournament. Why would you have to go?

grouchie
01-31-2005, 12:36 PM
maybe you should practice putting on a skirt, stuffing a bra and shaving regularly right now just in case?
that stuffs easy, it's the high heels that are a bitch to get used to.
you'd probably make an ugly woman though /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cain06
01-31-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If she's good enough to get all those points and then to win the tournament, I'm sure she'll be able to play the tournament. Why would you have to go?

[/ QUOTE ]

...because he accumulated the points on her acccount possibly?

detroitplayer
01-31-2005, 03:46 PM
I thought you were allowed to sell your tourney winnings, whether they be T$ or trips or whatever?

Weren't people here looking to buy WSOP seats last year from people who won them in sats?

Stupendous_Man
01-31-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you were allowed to sell your tourney winnings, whether they be T$ or trips or whatever?

Weren't people here looking to buy WSOP seats last year from people who won them in sats?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no expert either, but I thought the same thing about being able to sell your seat. You won it, why couldn't you sell it? Is there something specific in these tournaments that prohibit you from selling the seat?

SomethingClever
01-31-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no expert either, but I thought the same thing about being able to sell your seat. You won it, why couldn't you sell it? Is there something specific in these tournaments that prohibit you from selling the seat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know how it works for average tourneys, but the first time you win a seat to the WSOP, you have to play.

After that, you can theoretically sell (if the site allows).

There's a chance my wife will be playing in the WSOP this year. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Shoe
01-31-2005, 05:53 PM
Yes, it depends on the site. Every site I have seen requires you to play the first seat you win. Some sites allow you to sell additional seats, other sites will only allow you to "transfer" additional seats to other members at the same site (so I'm guessing you would need to find someone on the site and work out payment arrangements), and depending on the tournament, some sites won't allow you to win multiple seats.

Also, the person who plays in the tournament must be the same as the name on the account. So, if you won on your wife's account, your wife would need to play.

grinin
02-01-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe you should practice putting on a skirt, stuffing a bra and shaving regularly right now just in case?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!!!!
Shave regularly???!!!
OP holds up fingers in shape of cross.

bobaloo23
02-01-2005, 02:32 AM
Pretty sure party won't do it. I had the same thing happen on Paradise and I explained nicely that I logged in under her account by mistake and they changed it and let me play the WPT.