PDA

View Full Version : 2005 challenge week 4 - a new hope

fnord_too
01-31-2005, 12:03 PM
Well, “a new hope” is kinda stretching it, but I am a sucker for dropping references.

Last week went by in a bit of a haze as I had a particularly nasty cold. I got no exercising done, and probably won’t be able to until Wednesday or Thursday.

In the 15/30 game, the week started off like the last two weeks, was great in the middle of the week, and a bunch of breakeven poker over the weekend. I think I said last time I need to start setting times to play in and sticking to them; that completely slipped my mind this week, so I still need to do that. Also, I need to start getting more hands in. I ended up moving some money over from Party to Empire. I think I am going to stick to three tabling for a while until I feel better about my game. I have a ton of hands to analyze from last week, several of which will probably get posted.

It looks like I made it through January without a top 3 finish in a tourney. With the number of tournies I have played, and the fact that many of those featured less than 100 people, this is mildly surprising. Also, I failed to money in the second KotZ tourney. I think there are 17 or 18 of these over the year, and I have no points after the first two. I need a couple of big finishes if I am going to have any shot of winning that. At any rate, I don’t feel my play in tournies has been bad, but I will probably spend some time analyzing it this week.

Things are about to get much more hectic in real life, too. We are at t-30d for the projected arrival of number two daughter. Much of my strategizing energy and thought will be poured into the name game. Our first daughter was two or three days old before my wife and I finally came to agreement on a name for her, and I suspect that was not anomalous.

Week 4

15/30 – 2876 hands at a whopping 1.26BB/100 rate
No tourney quality finishes
Earnings: 925.25

YTD
15/30 – 12,371 hands at a -0.06BB/100
Tourney entrance fees: 4107; Cashes: 2970.50; Net: -1136.50
Earnings: - 3250 (goodbye January, see you again next year.)