PDA

View Full Version : Arena Football

Shajen
01-31-2005, 11:30 AM
My boss gave me tickets to saturday's Georgia Force vs New Orleans Voodoo.

I was like, wtf, why do I want to watch some wannabees play yard ball?

Dude. That was some good shiz. For real.

Dudes going into the stands at full speed, ending up like 3 rows up, wicked hits, it's pretty damned cool.

If you have an arena team near you and you haven't gone, check it out.

A good way to kill a couple hours.

Oh, and Big Boi from Outkast was there for the halftime show. He's not such a big boy anymore. Dude looked thin compared to his previous look.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-31-2005, 11:44 AM
I'll second this. Arena football actually is pretty entertaining. My wife's uncle has season tickets right on the endzone about 2 rows up (good spot to catch badly thrown and tipped passes) and I went with him one time. It's a good show.

Bluffoon
01-31-2005, 11:51 AM
I wanted to bring my son and two of his friends to a local arena game last year. It looks like fun. So I called and they told me I could only buy two or six tickets. I was like "well I only need four". They wouldn't budge.

I mean cmon its not like its the NFL or something.

We ended up doing something else.

WC64
01-31-2005, 11:56 AM
I was pretty disappointed that our Indiana Firebirds arena football team got dispanded because the sell didnt go through in time. Adrian McPherson was awesome last year, not sure who he went to though.

youtalkfunny
01-31-2005, 02:37 PM
I love football. I can watch NFL, NCAA, high schoolers, even Pop Warner.

But I can't watch Arena. Too much like basketball, scoring on every possession.

Call me old school, but I think the running game and field position are too integral to remove.

Shajen
01-31-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love football. I can watch NFL, NCAA, high schoolers, even Pop Warner.

But I can't watch Arena. Too much like basketball, scoring on every possession.

Call me old school, but I think the running game and field position are too integral to remove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn't go thinking I was gonna be watching football.
It was just a nice diversion from an otherwise really crappy weekend.