PDA

View Full Version : how nasty are airport ID checks...

whiskeytown
01-31-2005, 09:38 AM
two weeks from Vegas, and I just had a terrible thought.

My driver's license has the wrong apt. number on it - if I try to get a new one, they'll cut off the corner on the old one and it wont be legit -

at the same time, I purchased tkts with the new apt. number - if they got REALLY picky, I could point out I just moved and hadn't gotten the new one yet - but I don't know how anal they are about that -

anyone have a problem like this?

RB

ohkanada
01-31-2005, 09:41 AM
They never care about your address. They just compare your name to the ticket.

Have fun in Vegas.
Ken

moondogg
01-31-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They never care about your address. They just compare your name to the ticket.

Have fun in Vegas.
Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. My license still has my parent's address, and I haven't lived there since '96. I fly several times a year, and I've never had a problem, even after 9/11.

tek
01-31-2005, 10:05 AM
When you renew your license they (in Minn) give a yellow temp sheet to use until the new plastic card comes.

pudley4
01-31-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
two weeks from Vegas, and I just had a terrible thought.

My driver's license has the wrong apt. number on it - if I try to get a new one, they'll cut off the corner on the old one and it wont be legit -

at the same time, I purchased tkts with the new apt. number - if they got REALLY picky, I could point out I just moved and hadn't gotten the new one yet - but I don't know how anal they are about that -

anyone have a problem like this?

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

The clipped license is still valid (for 90 days I think) as long as you have the yellow receipt with all the new information on it to go along with it.

elwoodblues
01-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Correct --- the yellow sheet is your official Driver's License the clipped one can be used as an official photo ID until the new license arrives.

Dynasty
01-31-2005, 02:06 PM
I've been living in Las Vegas for more than 3.5 years and still don't have a Nevada photo ID. I still us my Massachusetts ID. Nobody cares.