PDA

View Full Version : My Top 10 Losing hands

warlockjd
01-31-2005, 07:35 AM
This is embarassing given my pro suited connector posts in the past.

Just looked at my top 10 losing hands in Poker Tracker:

65s
T7s
QTs
54s
A5s
A7s
Q4s
K4s
86s
96s

This is really disheartening. What are your top 10 losing hands and what have you done to plug the leaks?

excession
01-31-2005, 09:14 AM
First of all only see 2 suited connectors on that list. The rest I'd call junk or marginal at best (the QTs and A7s marginal, the rest total junk).

If you want to use PT to track starting hand leaks you might like to read my recent article on this here

http://www.bet-the-pot.com/poker-tracker-part-5ia-page67.html

lil_o
01-31-2005, 10:08 AM
I don't think I would play any of those hands unless I was in the blinds in a limped pot. Maybe I would limp with A5s on the button.

My biggest loser is A-10, easy hand to get in trouble with.

BobboFitos
01-31-2005, 10:17 AM
my top ten losers are mostly hands that i've only played once or twice (or 7ish/8ish... yu get the idea) that I made a really bad play with. here goes:

J2s - I lost 80bb with this one hand because I tried to bluff the wrong guy. It was really stupid. It's my biggest losing hand.
72s - I think I tried to make a fancy play with this, (and like show it, and say in the chat "hahaha I bluff you out with 72s") but that backfired too.
96o - I think I played this alot earlier in my career... I heard it was a fullhouse hand... /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Q7s - Tried bluffing the wrong guy...
83o - Dont ask
Q5o - Only one recorded time of me VPIP htis hand. No idea why.
T2s - I tried to be like doyle!
T2o - I kept trying!
93s - It was sooted...
87s - Finally a real hand! This is the only hand among the top ten I play on a consistant basis. I wonder why it's such a loser for me? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

TheWorstPlayer
01-31-2005, 10:55 AM
Oh, you'll just love mine. There are some real interesting ones here:

1. 44 - Set over set, flush over set, straight over set
2. 43o - Hmm... (I raised it preflop for some reason. Guy called me with 56o. Flop came 542. I bet, he went all-in for 20x pot and I called. No help.)
3. TT - Wow, one UGLY tilt hand. Blew $100. Then flush over set, etc.
4. 65s - I turned a full house and got all-in, he rivered a bigger one. Then I bluffed the wrong guy.
5. AKs - Two biggest losses are from AKs unimproved. I think (and hope) those were from a while ago. The rest are from sets (or quads) and TPTK. Can't believe this is a big loser for me.
6. 76s - Just missed a lot of draws with this one.
7. 92s - straight over trips
8. 32o - straight over 2 pair
9. JTo - flush over straight, full house over trips, straight over TPJK
10. 98o - trips A kicker over trips 8 kicker

Other notable losers for me are ATs, KJo, QJs, T9o, 77 and a bunch of total garbage that I used to play. Unfortunately, basically all of these hands became losers when I went on a full week tilt session and dropped a grand. /images/graemlins/frown.gif On the plus side I average almost 11 PTBB/Hand with AA. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Muisyle
01-31-2005, 11:59 AM
My top 10 hands are uninteresting, they are all just crap that loses money to the blinds and never gets played.

However, sneaking in a #14 is JJ. I just can't play this hand it seems. I'm either pushing it too hard or not pushing it hard enough. This is over a decent sample size too, 40,000 hands...

luckycharms
01-31-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

T2s - I tried to be like doyle!
T2o - I kept trying!

[/ QUOTE ]

What a kook

sourbeaver
01-31-2005, 02:04 PM
I would absolutely lose the suited kings and queens that are more than 3-gapped (and only play those on the button, unraised pot). I wouldn't play the 2 and 3-gapers in any other position than the button or CO, where they are the most valuable anyway.

PoBoy321
01-31-2005, 02:15 PM
1. JJ I really can't play this hand. I always overplay it as an overpair.

2. T8s Just tried to bluff the wrong guy.

3. 66 I actually thought my low pair was the best hand. Silly me

4. AJo Got into a lot of kicker races that I just shouldn't have been a part of.

5. 84s Low flush against higer flush, then 2 pair against a straight.

6. 88 I really can't play these low/mid PP.

7. AQs I tend to overplay this, raising from EP and running into dominating hands.

8. 45s mostly off of one hand that I lost about 75BB on. Flopped an OESFD, pushed the flop and got called by A high and his hand held up.

9. 93s I think I posted this hand on here. Trip 9s against a rivered straight.

10. Q9s Not even sure why I was in this hand, but basically semi-bluffed the wrong guy.

kschellenger
01-31-2005, 02:33 PM
1. KJs. I shouldn't have played it as much as I did. I stopped playing it EP.
2. 87s. I like to play 87s, 98s etc but I shouldn't. Haven't been able to not play them, yet, but after this post and looking at it objectively, I think I may cut back.
3-8 are suited aces. (AT, A9, A7 etc.) stupid hands I think I should play because they pay off big when they hit...but they don't hit often.
9 and 10 are 33 and 44 for the same reason as a previous post. set losing to set, set losing to flush.

I would simply stop playing most of those hands. Except 65s and A7s which are marginal. But really, I wouldn't play the the random suited cards like Q4 and such.

Good luck.