PDA

View Full Version : Good LAN game, besides first person shooters

Benholio
01-31-2005, 05:23 AM
My friends and I used to always get together (4 or 5 of us) with our computers and play games like Diablo, Warcraft, etc for a weekend or so, back in the day. Its been a few years since we had a LAN party like that, and we're thinking of doing it again.

Anyone recommend any good RTS or RPG games for a LAN?

Free or cheap type games would be a bonus, but willing to buy a game if its possible to use it on multiple machines without buying multiple copies (legit or not).

jimdmcevoy
01-31-2005, 05:31 AM
I recomend Warcraft III

As long as one person has the cd's that all you need since you can get a CD-key generator online.

BusterStacks
01-31-2005, 05:34 AM
Rome: Total War

End of thread.

housenuts
01-31-2005, 05:51 AM
party poker?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-31-2005, 07:59 AM
Hammer of the gods, AoE2, xwing vs tie fighter.

The once and future king
01-31-2005, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rome: Total War

End of thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. This game isnt cheap.
2. It is shi..t.

Maybe when all the game killing bugs are removed it will be halfway decent. For example:

1. Double cliking an area with the mouse is supposed to make your men/cavalry etc run/charge there. Do they, do they [censored]. To get a unit to run you have to micromanage it.

Fecking Annoying when you have lots and lots of units that you want to run

2. Your missile troops will proabably kill more of your own men then the enemy. You are supposed to be able to togle fire at will, (Translation fire into the backs of your own men) off, but when you do this it makes no difference to the missile troops behaviour and they will still shoot at anything they see regardless of who gets in the way. This includess enemy troops engaged in hand to hand with friendlies.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

swede123
01-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Command and Conquer: Generals is pretty fun multiplayer. On top of that it's a little bit older now so you can probably buy it pretty cheap.

Cheers,

Swede

dtbog
01-31-2005, 11:27 AM
OK, it's old, but you can't leave off Starcraft. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-DB

Freakin
01-31-2005, 02:05 PM
Total Annihiliation.
With the TAUCP (TA units compilation pack)

Freakin

BusterStacks
01-31-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some day you will come out of the 90's. I'm being serious.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-31-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some day you will come out of the 90's. I'm being serious.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't be badmouthing AoE2.

edit: I'll come out of the 90's when AoE3 comes out.

TimM
01-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Age of Mythology/Titans, Rise of Nations. I'm an FPS guy, but have played these.

witeknite
01-31-2005, 04:35 PM
I'll second this one. All three sides are balanced pretty well.

WiteKnite

jar
01-31-2005, 07:09 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned the Worms series yet. I can never remember which is which, but I know at least some of them you can install everyone's copy off the same disc. My friends and I have spent many fun hours blowing up, burning, baseball-batting, poking, etc worms.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-31-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe no one has mentioned the Worms series yet. I can never remember which is which, but I know at least some of them you can install everyone's copy off the same disc. My friends and I have spent many fun hours blowing up, burning, baseball-batting, poking, etc worms.

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored] I completely forgot about Worms! Those games are highly entertaining. Damn you, now I have to find myself a copy and get it on my computer.