PDA

View Full Version : A hand: Correct betfolding?

waffle
01-31-2005, 04:49 AM
I'm somewhat new to 6max. I've been at this table for less than 2 orbits. My reads are that these two opponents are fairly loose and slightly passive. Am I spewing chips here?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Rubeskies
01-31-2005, 12:39 PM
Check/call the river.

Your opponent most likely won't call with a worse hand (he'll probably fold one of the many possible draws if he missed) so the bet is not for value. He'll also check through with hands that beat you, happy to take a free showdown even though they would have called one of your bets. if he's made it this far, I don't think he's folding a hand you beat so you don't have much folding equity unless you have a read that he folds to many rivers.

Another reason to check/call is because if he is on a busted draw, then he might take a stab (this is called inducing a bluff) at the pot when you check because you showed weakness whereas he would have folded if you bet.

Or he might try and go for a bluff raise. Here your opponent may have tried this (doubtful) but a check/call avoids this ever happening because it is really tough to call a raise on the river with A high.