PDA

View Full Version : That AQ hand

Chris Daddy Cool
01-31-2005, 03:47 AM
ok i posted this yesterday. and screwed it up big time. so i'm reposting it here along with my thoughts and results.

Empire Poker 15/30

i'm playing from a different computer so i have none of my player stats with me. CO-1 is a total idiot LAG moron. CO is a table coach commenting on how bad CO-1 is, and actually types in the chat his isolating strategy, in which he's been trying to do unsuccessfully due to bad luck and that he's isolating a little too liberally.

anyhoo. unknown UTG+1 openlimps (who doesn't realize he's about to get punished). CO-1 (Moron) raises. CO types in "here we go again" and 3-bets. I'm on the button with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif and cold-cap. blinds get out of the way, as does the original UTG+ /images/graemlins/spade.gif1 limper. Moron and Co call. 3 of us to the flop for 14.5 small bets.

flop: J /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Moron bets. CO raises. I 3-bet. Moron calls. CO calls. 3 of us to the turn for 11.75 big bets.
i'm looking for, in order, a K, Q, A, in which i will bet.
if i hit one of my redraws, spade, 9, then 8, i will check, though if i hit the 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif i will bet my boatload of outs.

turn: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

check.check.check.

i'm looking for a K, 8 or A, in that order, but i'm not putting anymore money in the hand if i don't get those.

is this a sound strategy? what about bluffing a blank?

i'm not quite sure what i will call or overcall or raise with, other than the K of course if i'm bet into.

what do you guys think?

anyhoo the river brought a Q.
river: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

check.check.check.

thoughts on all streets?

results below:

moron had 66. co had JT. my hand was not good.

rmarotti
01-31-2005, 04:34 AM
I guess I'm a little confused by the flop 3-bet, is it because you think you have the best hand? Everything else seems to make total sense.

sin808
01-31-2005, 05:10 AM
My guess: folding would be bad, calling would probably be worse, and the 3 bet might buy a free card on the turn if needed.

IndieMatty
01-31-2005, 10:08 AM
Seems perfectly acceptable. What am I missing?

Chris Daddy Cool
01-31-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems perfectly acceptable. What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

well in the earlier thread i posted, some advocated checking behing the river while others felt this was a clear bet. i wasn't sure either way except that while playing, a Q didn't fall into my "betting hands" on the river.