PDA

View Full Version : todays think tank

stripsqueez
01-31-2005, 02:48 AM
this one caused me to stop and think

$100+$9 on empire - down to 4 - i get KQo and post the SB of T250 from my stack of T1300 - UTG pushes which is T600 - button folds - the BB has T5000

i reckon that UTG would push with garbage so i'm a good chance to be in front - the BB is an aggro player - i expect he would sometimes fold but often call my push with a worse hand - calling didnt seem like an option because i was some chance to get the BB to fold and i wasnt going to trust him to check a flop we both missed

at the table i figured i was doing serious damage to my prospects of first or second if i didnt push and battled with the desire to fold my way into the money

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Allinlife
01-31-2005, 02:51 AM
I think this is easy push considering if BB wins, you get out with 3rd and if you win, you have nice stack to fight for 1st place with(I think it gives you very small chip lead over BB), and you aren't going to get better place to push with 3 bb

microbet
01-31-2005, 03:02 AM
Not saying this is a deciding factor, and 'garbage' is relative, but UTG has no FE and so is basically deciding this hand or the next, so might have a pushing range of PP or hands with J or Q or higher? Still, plenty of garbage in there, but not just any two. No?

stripsqueez
01-31-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not saying this is a deciding factor, and 'garbage' is relative, but UTG has no FE and so is basically deciding this hand or the next, so might have a pushing range of PP or hands with J or Q or higher? Still, plenty of garbage in there, but not just any two. No?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats right - if i was in his spot i would push any pair or say Q10o or better - i suspected he would push with less because he is loose and after the previous hand he is in no mood for rational decisions

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

hansarnic
01-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Interesting one.

Surprised you think you have any FE here, won't he call with any two? It's only 800 to him if you push with the pot already at 2400. I'd have a hard time folding my BB there with the two short stacks in & a 5k stack.

If he is playing any two then its close, but I think you have to fold. UTG goes out nearly 50% of the time here & even if he wins he's posting 750 back in blinds in the next two hands.

If BB is laying down a reasonable % of the time PF, then pushing is better.