PDA

View Full Version : How's my line here? A 10 10 hand.

zuluking
01-30-2005, 08:49 PM
I know, should'a raised the river...argh! What else?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (9.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Entity
01-30-2005, 08:51 PM
Call the flop, don't raise. Turn is good. River raise is close, really depends on what you know about UTG.

zuluking
01-30-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call the flop, don't raise. Turn is good. River raise is close, really depends on what you know about UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raised for the free turn card. At least, that was my thinking during the hand. No read on the guy, I still think I should'a raised the river.

dblgutshot
01-30-2005, 08:55 PM
Anyone else like 3-betting preflop?

Entity
01-30-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mix it up with TT, but yeah, I usually 3-bet preflop.

Rob

chesspain
01-30-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raised for the free turn card. At least, that was my thinking during the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exposing yourself to a very possible three-bet when you hold a one card gutshot and backdoor flush draw to the third nut flush isn't good.

captZEEbo1
01-30-2005, 08:57 PM
I don't like 3betting after the utg+2 cold-call

zuluking
01-30-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

No read, no 3-bet. Auto-raise if he's loosey-goosey for sure.

Entity
01-30-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raised for the free turn card. At least, that was my thinking during the hand. No read on the guy, I still think I should'a raised the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're going to get 3-bet far more often than you'll get a free card.

Rob

zuluking
01-30-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're going to get 3-bet far more often than you'll get a free card.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, okay thanks guys.

Entity
01-30-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

No read, no 3-bet. Auto-raise if he's loosey-goosey for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the same way I play the river. You've got a caller subsidizing some of your losses if you get 3-bet, but when you get 3-bet, it'll be by the Q/images/graemlins/club.gif or a boat way too often for you to be happy. Closing the action, I think a call here is fine.

Rob

ErrantNight
01-30-2005, 09:08 PM
i 3-bet TT standaldry ple-frop. and arter my pray situationarry. TT ist g00t.

don't laise the frop, but you've realned that arleady.

livel laise is crose. arthough you feal onry the queen of crubs, the hands that carr you and you beat ale few. and you'le not going to rike getting 3-bet.

deadmunny
01-30-2005, 09:33 PM
Possible 3-bet pre-flop... is what experts say, But I would have done the same as you, I like the post-flop raise (something I would do) to see the free river...... raise the river I am not sure ? UTG has check/called all the way and NOW he bets out with four /images/graemlins/club.gifs showing? I would just call too.

Regards D

ghostface
01-30-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i 3-bet TT standaldry ple-frop. and arter my pray situationarry. TT ist g00t.

don't laise the frop, but you've realned that arleady.

livel laise is crose. arthough you feal onry the queen of crubs, the hands that carr you and you beat ale few. and you'le not going to rike getting 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

Drunk or being funny?