PDA

View Full Version : Stock Market and PartyPoker

snowmen
01-30-2005, 08:46 PM
I really do not know anything about the stock market but if PartyPoker finally goes ahead with the idea of enter the stock market i think it would be a perfect chance to win some extra money. What do experts of stock market think about this? Thanks

ctv1116
01-30-2005, 10:49 PM
A successful company does not equal automatic stock market profits. If PartyPoker is overvalued (very likely to happen) then buying shares would not be the greatest idea.

Stever
01-31-2005, 05:50 AM
If they do go ahead with listing on the London Exchange, they while be hyping it (as this weeks press release is). They want to sell the company off to the public for the max they can get for it. It will likely go for a good price and may continue to rise quickly after the listing. But it will quickly get overvalued and drop as all the investors realise it is over valued and scramble to get out. You can bet the owners of the company put a lot of thought into the timing of the listing. They have a great hand and they know it, and they want to take as large a pot as possible.
Just my Opinion

Stever
www.TheManWithTheAxe.com (http://www.TheManWithTheAxe.com)

ctv1116
01-31-2005, 09:03 AM
I like all the poker references in that post.

TStoneMBD
01-31-2005, 05:23 PM
many people think that since they project that a company will have a prosperous future, their stock will be a good investment. this is not necessarily true.

Wes ManTooth
02-01-2005, 03:17 AM
PartyPoker may do well in the short term, 6 months to 18 months, regardless if it is overvalued at first. Longevity is the real question for them, and that depends on if poker remains popular and if it can continue to grow. Its growth will eventually level off, though this may not dramatically affect profits for party, it will turn off investors. Therefore, I do not see this as a good long term investment.

Shoe
02-02-2005, 07:15 AM
I think it would be a great short-term investment, just be prepared to sell it within 6-12 months.

villafan
02-04-2005, 07:39 AM
If Party Poker get hyped up to the extreme while doing an IPO in London (and the price on the company is high, as some posters in this thread suggest), I would think that there will be more attention to other poker rooms. I think the Cryptologic share may benefit from this. BTW, Crypto release Q4 result friday in two weeks.

Interpoker will have commercials on the superbowl. People should watch the stats on pokerpulse.com to see if there is a significant increase in number of players at the Crypto network from monday.