PDA

View Full Version : QQ-3-way capped-scare turn

admiralfluff
01-30-2005, 08:30 PM
All villains are unknown.
any comments?
If turn was a non-spade K, I think I bet and fold to a reraise.
I was planning on calling the river if 1 back to me. Ok given size of pot?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (13.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

dblgutshot
01-30-2005, 08:40 PM
CO showed agression preflop but wussed out during the rest of the hand. SB doesn't seem to be much of a threat either given that they both just called your turn bet.

I bet the river as well, and I don't fold if someone raises my turn bet because you have outs to the second nuts. This is pretty much standard for me, am i doing anything wrong?

I can't really put CO on a hand, could possibly be AK who is scared of aces. with AA-TT it looks like he would re-raise the flop so big aces, AQ, AJ with A of spade?

admiralfluff
01-30-2005, 08:47 PM
As I said, I would fold to a turn raise if it were a NON-spade K, but with the spade calling the turn raise would be easy. I didn't bet the river here, because I felt I was much more likely to be called be a scared K, or raised by KJ JJ then called by something I beat. I would rather let villain take a stab with his busted nut flush draw. The only hads I saw calling me here were lower pp, meaning when I was called here I was probably often beat.

I wonder now though, how does the presence of SB in the hand effect my river decision?

PhatPots
01-30-2005, 09:46 PM
I think you played it good. You reasoning for checking that river is pretty good. Although it always pisses me off when I see my oppoenents flip up TT and 99 and I think to myself, that was 2 extra BB that I missed because I played it scared. But you played it very good, preflop great Flop great, turn great, river good. I probably would have bet, if the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif had been an A /images/graemlins/spade.gif then I would have checked too.