PDA

View Full Version : More 5/10 6-max situations

wuarhg
01-30-2005, 08:08 PM
1) Hero has 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif on the button and open-raises. SB and BB calls (both blinds are LAGs, around 70/30).
Flop K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, BB bets, Hero ???

2) Hero has 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB, Button calls (who is 50/3 with PF-AGG 1).
Flop 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bets, Button raises, Hero ???

3) Hero has K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif UTG and raises, SB (very loose and moderately aggressive) and BB (loose-passive) calls.
Flop A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets, BB calls, Hero ???

4) Hero in the BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3 limp to button who raises (24/20 PF-AGG: 4.4) and everyone calls.
Flop 4/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks, 2 checks, CO bets, Button calls, Hero ???

5 A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG and Hero raises, UTG+1 3-bets (35/20 PF-AGG: 0.6), Hero calls.
Flop A/images/graemlins/heart.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero ???

6) Hero has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB, UTG calls (LAG), UTG+1 calls (Loose-Passive), 2 fold, Hero raises, BB folds, They call.
Flop 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets (yes?), Both call.

Turn 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero ???

Explanations and things like that would be really helpful here and hopefully someone can plow through some questions.

Chobohoya
01-30-2005, 09:42 PM
1) I like to raise here, depends on how lag they are postflop. In any case, you want to get heads up with the BB who might have anything from J9o to KT. Your next move depends on his.

2)small pot, consider laying down. Also consider calling and leading the turn, fold to a raise.

3)Raise, you have either the best hand or 5-6 outs. Take a free card on the turn.

4)calls. great odds to chase here.

5)Bet. He doesn't like to bet after the flop, and since you should be betting lots of flops without a made hand, it won't seem suspicious here. A check-call check-call would looks suspicious, so just bet.

6) Bets. This is why you get to bet the flop in hand 5, as well.

srw5n
01-30-2005, 11:24 PM
1. Bet. To make this effective you can't check through trips everytime to try to raise. Still clear bet.
2. Call. Though it's a very bad situation. I think folding is too weak unless the guys playing pretty tight. I'd have to know how many hands to know how valuable the PF Agg factor number you have is...
3. Bet.
4. Fold. If you had Jd I'd lean toward call. But you are not going to be able to bet any hand you make here.
5. Both check-call and leading out work. I lean to bet, because I play so many hands aggressively I like to lead out when I hit. Arguement for check call is you keep dominated hands around.

I will say I don't like to check raise here. You are only going to get action from hands that dominate you (based on how tight the guy is preflop).

6. Bet. Not even close. If you get raised you may be in trouble, but you have to bet.

wuarhg
01-31-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the replies so far, I'd like to hear more opinions! /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Personally I think folding in hand 4 is really weak tight, you are getting about 12 to 1, Isn't raising the right choice here?

flawless_victory
01-31-2005, 09:56 AM
bet/raise it. (i am a maniac)

BugsBunny
01-31-2005, 10:25 AM
1) Hero has 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif on the button and open-raises. SB and BB calls (both blinds are LAGs, around 70/30).
Flop K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, BB bets, Hero ???

<font color="blue">I'd raise here. How to play after that depends. How LAG is he postflop? Some will keep trying to force you off this hand with raises till the river, even if they have junk. Others become more reasonable.
</font>

2) Hero has 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB, Button calls (who is 50/3 with PF-AGG 1).
Flop 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bets, Button raises, Hero ???

<font color="blue">I'd consider reraising here and then leading the turn. At the very least I'd call the raise and lead the turn. I've seen some people that are normally passive postflop become much more aggressive in a HU situation like this so the PF aggression numbers don't mean that much in and of themselves - even if you have a fairly large sample size. It's a fairly tricky situation though.
</font>

3) Hero has K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif UTG and raises, SB (very loose and moderately aggressive) and BB (loose-passive) calls.
Flop A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets, BB calls, Hero ???

<font color="blue">I'd raise here and take the free card if offered. If he 3 bets I'd either cap or fold, probably cap. I doubt he has the A, most people would check if they did, but if he's decent postflop he could well be betting this with an A.

If he leads again on the turn and I haven't improved I'd fold.
</font>

4) Hero in the BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3 limp to button who raises (24/20 PF-AGG: 4.4) and everyone calls.
Flop 4/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks, 2 checks, CO bets, Button calls, Hero ???

<font color="blue">I'd fold here. If it was checked to the BT and he had bet I would have c/r but the fact that it was CO doing the betting, and BT calling, makes it different. CO may be on a draw here (KJ would be most likely), but even if that's the case he has 13 outs on you. If he has a T you're probably outkicked, if he has a Q you're just behind.
</font>

<font color="blue">Edit: The 12 to 1 odds make this a difficult hand to laydown but if you do decide to continue I think you have to just call and see what happens on the turn. If you raise then you have to lead the turn and this hand could get to be an expensive second or 3rd best hand. Even if you improve to 2 pair you may be dead to a straight so you can't count a full 5 outs here. And if you do improve to 2 pair you're still subject to redraws. I still think folding is the best play</font>

5 A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG and Hero raises, UTG+1 3-bets (35/20 PF-AGG: 0.6), Hero calls.
Flop A/images/graemlins/heart.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero ???

<font color="blue">Bets out, 3 bets if raised. If capped slow down. If he calls the 3 bet and then raises the turn also slow down (if you have a good enough read you could consider folding, but the read would have to be very good indeed)
</font>
6) Hero has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB, UTG calls (LAG), UTG+1 calls (Loose-Passive), 2 fold, Hero raises, BB folds, They call.
Flop 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets (yes?), Both call.

Turn 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero ???

<font color="blue">I bet out here again. Although how LAG is LAG? If he's normally very LAG his going passive is troublesome.
</font>

srw5n
01-31-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm extremely loose and aggressive in my flop play and I'd lay this down. The reason is you will never be able to bet this hand on any street and you still have action behind you. Like I said If I have Jd it's a different hand for several reasons, most notably because of the straight possiblities you pick up. With the 9 any straight you make is clearly going to be conterfeited.

You can't bet thing hand unless you hit runner runner in my opinion and with CO betting into a preflop raiser you may be drawing to running 9s.

wuarhg
01-31-2005, 09:11 PM
Great replies, thanks.