PDA

View Full Version : Oddly Played Hand

PokerBabe(aka)
01-30-2005, 07:50 PM
This is without doubt the strangest play I have seen this year.

Mirage 20-40.

Babe is in the sb and it's folded to button who raises. I fold some trash and the bb calls. BB has been in the game around 30 minutes and has played no hands.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

BB bets and is raised by button. BB calls.

Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets out and is called by button.

Before anyone can say MUCK, the BB throws black kings into the center of the table. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The button turns over pocket 10s for the flopped set.

Is our BB a genius or a moron?

LGPG,

Babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Clarkmeister
01-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Typical Mirage retardation.

PokerBabe(aka)
01-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Yah, you could normally say that but it wasn't a Mirage regular, Clarky /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Clarkmeister
01-30-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yah, you could normally say that but it wasn't a Mirage regular, Clarky /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

The human desire to be accepted is strong. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SA125
01-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Great/awful laydown. Just wondering - was PokerBabe in the 1 seat?

Josh W
01-30-2005, 10:04 PM
A couple years ago, I was just messing around with some friends, playing 8-16. My buddy raises UTG. a couple callers, and I call in the BB w/ AQo.

Flop comes KK9, rainbow. I bet out (maybe under the influence, I'm certainly not posting this to brag about my play), and just my buddy calls UTG. All others fold...

I muck before the turn comes, and he shows the table AK.

The money I saved on a follow-up bluff was quickly reinvested in libations.

Josh

M2d
01-30-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is without doubt the strangest play I have seen this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

The year is young and I haven't hit town yet.

PokerBabe(aka)
01-30-2005, 11:08 PM
was PokerBabe in the 1 seat?

Yes, that was the Babe /images/graemlins/smile.gif. And what seat were you in?

PokerBabe(aka)
01-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Hi Josh

I suspect that read you made on your pal in that 8-16 game was the result of having played with him numerous times, eh? I am not sure the cute bb boy knew the button in the hand I saw today, but it's certainly possible. If bb did know the button raiser VERY WELL, that could explain his fold prior to the river. Perhaps he knew that button boy would only call on the turn with a hand that could beat one pair AND with a hand that had outs vs. a made flush?. However, it doesn't explain why bb fails to 3 bet the flop with an overpair. He certainly wasn't slow playing the flop in an effort to check raise the turn. I mean even against the rockiest of rocks, bb played pretty passively on this one.

It was an odd play from my perspective and I am still trying to figure out what bb was thinking about button's hand.

LGPG,

PokerBabe(aka)
01-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Hi M2d,

I have never, ever seen you play anything like the bb in this hand. I really doubt you would ever play KK this way.
/images/graemlins/heart.gif

tolbiny
01-31-2005, 01:45 AM
"If bb did know the button raiser VERY WELL, that could explain his fold prior to the river. Perhaps he knew that button boy would only call on the turn with a hand that could beat one pair AND with a hand that had outs vs. a made flush"

This also doesn't explain why he mucked before the river, which could have helped him with the 2 kings left to come.

SinCityGuy
01-31-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure? Why did he fold his hand face-up then?

elysium
01-31-2005, 03:13 AM
hi babe

they do this sometimes. the BB doesn't want to be drawn-out on by a low heart. what you should do if you hold the set....oh wait a minute. the BB shows after the call? hmmmm.

this looks like sleep deprivation babe. the thing i can't determine is which one is the sleepy?

M2d
01-31-2005, 04:38 AM
Febuary 16-20th, you'll have your chance. Unfortunately, i'm in class all day, so it'll have to be an evening session for you. either that, or you can hear the rantings of the mirage regulars about "that idiot from california"

PokerBabe(aka)
01-31-2005, 09:53 AM
EEK. I am going to be in West Palm Beach that week. Bummer. /images/graemlins/frown.gif See u next time.

xxooo

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

PokerBabe(aka)
01-31-2005, 09:55 AM
Sleep deprivation could explain it. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

PokerBabe(aka)
01-31-2005, 10:01 AM
I know it doesn't explain the fold prior to the river but I am grasping at some type of explanation here for this extremely odd play. If we assume our bb was not unconscious, drunk or stupid, then he certainly knew he had 2 outs with a "paid for" river card (assuming, of course that the river was not a heart (if he put button on a flush draw) or a card that paired the flop (if he put button on a flopped two pair ) or a card that just paired the board (if he put button on a set). So, I dunno.... It's a strange one.

LGPG,