PDA

View Full Version : Borgata 10/20 limit

slickpoppa
01-30-2005, 07:10 PM
So I have only played at the Borgata twice. The first time I played 6/12 and last night I played 10/20. I think I might have got stuck at a tight table when I played 6/12 the first game because I went into the 10/20 game expecting a somewhat tight game. But the 10/20 I played at last night was ridiculously soft. I'm not exaggerating when I say that there about 3-4 people at any given time in the game who had a VP$IP's of 90 and played just as bad postflop. And in general the other players at the table were not much better either. There was one rock at the table and one player who resembled a TAG, but he started playing junk and going too far with hands after getting a couple of bad beats. So basically throughout the night there were about 6-8 donators at the table at any given time. It was common for people to show hands like K4os snd 92s. 72o even won a pot. And even some of the players who had decent preflop standards were not strong postflop players. My favorite example was a hand involving an Asian lady named Lucy who seemed to be somewhat of a regular there. Anyway, she got involved in a hand heads up against the semi-TAG guy and traded a lot raises preflop and on the flop and turn. On the river the board was something like 66Jxx and she folded AA face up for one bet on the river. The other guy showed her QQ, but she seemed convinced that she made the right play becuase she really thought that he had JJ.

Unfortunately I was pretty card dead and had to leave early because my friend busted out at another table and wanted to leave. As I left I was salivating at the huge stack of the biggest maniac who had bought in for about 200 and built up to 1400 by going on one of the biggest rushes that I have seen. Him and another fish were completely wasted and were destined to lose their stacks before the night was up. Oh well, there's always next time

poker327
01-30-2005, 08:43 PM
I posted in another thread I was playing in the 10/20 in the afternoon. I left around 9:00 up 40 BB. It sounds like I should have stayed.