PDA

View Full Version : KQo ... flop and river decisions

adamstewart
01-30-2005, 04:51 PM
I didn't cap the flop because my intent was to raise the turn. Who agrees with this? Who caps?

On the river, who bets? who checks it through?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (12 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

brettbrettr
01-30-2005, 04:58 PM
I bet. Looks like he's on the spades. Either that or you're been behind the whole way, but if he didn't raise his 2 pair on the turn doubtful he'll raise the river.

Willluck
01-30-2005, 05:08 PM
I like checking the river the Ace is an over card to your pair, which probably isn't much to worry about, but chances are they were on draws and aren't going to call your value bet, or they were ahead, or caught the ace. maybe planning to check-raise (probably not) but there wasn't much value in the bet if any.

me454555
01-30-2005, 05:31 PM
I think you played it fine

adamstewart
01-30-2005, 07:41 PM
The results are below. Please note that I am not questioning my river play in hindsight.

In fact, the second I clicked "bet" on the river, I thought..."oh geez, if the villain just has a broken flush draw, he's not calling. Further, what if he was pumping an Ace-high flush draw?? Then I shouldn't be betting here!" (I *swear* that the worry of an ace-high flush draw crossed my mind before the cards were revealed. Was I just being paranoid?)

On the other hand, I can think of alot of other hands that will still call when I'm ahead, especially a pair of Kings with weaker kicker...

Am I right to question my play? Or should I rest assured that majority of the time my hand will be best?

Does the fact that there's a third person in this hand push the decision towards an easy river-bet?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (12 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Ts As (one pair, aces).
Hero has Kc Qs (one pair, kings).
Outcome: BB wins 14 BB. </font>

SkiGuyGT
01-31-2005, 01:53 AM
I'd bet that river. Lots of times when SB or BB has an A they'll bet out the river (not always but some of the time). Since this didn't happen I like your chances of having the best hand and getting paid off from a Kx or smaller pair.

rmarotti
01-31-2005, 04:51 AM
I think this is perfect.