PDA

View Full Version : Proposed FTR/2+2 tourney

ClaytonN
01-30-2005, 04:41 PM
Just to get the gravy train rolling.

My thoughts:

I think we should make an outline similar to that of the zoo tsunami relief tournament. Make the buy-in 10+1 or 20+2, and make it NLHE (for now).

Don't know if others are up for this, but this also seems like a good opporunity to donate a quarter or a half of the prize pool to charity.

From there, people from both forums can set bounties and prop bets and overall just have fun with it. Don't know who yet would set this up.

Thoughts?

emonrad87
01-30-2005, 04:42 PM
I think it should be a series of HU matches between the top 2+2ers and the top FTRers.

hypermegachi
01-30-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it should be a series of HU matches between the top 2+2ers and the top FTRers.

[/ QUOTE ]
if Helmuth beats Jones in a heads up match does that make UB better than Stars?

dwarfman
01-30-2005, 05:04 PM
That'll be cool, but not a HU match, that's a crap shoot.

Make it 10+1 though, I need to afford it.

FTR will rule /images/graemlins/grin.gif

FTRelipsesjeff
01-30-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm in. The money doesn't really matter to me.

Alobar
01-30-2005, 05:08 PM
can we go around to every poker forum that sucks, and then tell them how to find the best forum so they can really start to educate themselves, instead of just trading around bad advice? cuz I think that would be sweet.

hypermegachi
01-30-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
can we go around to every poker forum that sucks, and then tell them how to find the best forum so they can really start to educate themselves, instead of just trading around bad advice? cuz I think that would be sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]
you know what i've had enough of this crap of all of you saying we suck. look at who got 6th and 14th last night in the stars RA10 and shut the fu[/b]ck up!

dwarfman
01-30-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you not acting like a 5 year old would be sweet too.

TylerK
01-30-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just to get the gravy train rolling.

My thoughts:

I think we should make an outline similar to that of the zoo tsunami relief tournament. Make the buy-in 10+1 or 20+2, and make it NLHE (for now).

Don't know if others are up for this, but this also seems like a good opporunity to donate a quarter or a half of the prize pool to charity.

From there, people from both forums can set bounties and prop bets and overall just have fun with it. Don't know who yet would set this up.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

My proposal was similar, here:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1635295&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1

To be honest though, the negativity that has been shown so far has really taken a lot of my interest in doing something like this. I guess I expected that people would realize they were being silly eventually, but without naming names, there seems to be a small but vocal few who continue to act ridiculous regardless of how foolish they might appear. I don't feel any particular need to voluntarily interact with those people.

ClaytonN
01-30-2005, 05:21 PM
I'd personally like to see the childish hostility end. What better way to say "Okay guys, let's stop acting like we're on PMS and respect each other's company" than playing a friendly tournament with last-longer and prop bets, where half goes to charity.

BottlesOf
01-30-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
look at who got 6th and 14th last night in the stars RA10 and shut the [censored] up!

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nick B.
01-30-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
look at who got 6th and 14th last night in the stars RA10 and shut the [censored] up!

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

emonrad87
01-30-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you know what i've had enough of this crap of all of you saying we suck. look at who got 6th and 14th last night in the stars RA10 and shut the fu[/b]ck up!

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at who got 1st in the 2004 WSOP, BITCH.

PWND

FTRelipsesjeff
01-30-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PWND

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, none of the people that have bashed our Forum have, I can promise you that.

hypermegachi
01-30-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PWND

[/ QUOTE ]
my post was not about who's better. i was just pointing out that we have good players and that all the people who haven't even read FTR to shut up assuming we all suck.

bitch...

haha i pulled a 2+2 by calling someone a bitch!

ClassicBob
01-30-2005, 05:47 PM
I don't mean to be a dick, but very few of what I'd consider 2+2's "top" players post in OOT, where this little war started. I doubt any of them would be interested in participating. If they did, it'd be a massacre. Even with the Ootians, 2+2 will still probably win. But it won't exactly be a matchup of the best of both forums.

hypermegachi
01-30-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to be a dick, but very few of what I'd consider 2+2's "top" players post in OOT, where this little war started. I doubt any of them would be interested in participating. If they did, it'd be a massacre. Even with the Ootians, 2+2 will still probably win. But it won't exactly be a matchup of the best of both forums.

[/ QUOTE ]
and the best players from both sides would agree one match up doesn't mean anything due to variance. that's why we're trying to propose a friendly match with proceeds goin to the tsunami crisis where they have more important things to get rattled about.

TylerK
01-30-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd personally like to see the childish hostility end. What better way to say "Okay guys, let's stop acting like we're on PMS and respect each other's company" than playing a friendly tournament with last-longer and prop bets, where half goes to charity.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thought, and I kind of expected that we would get to that point quickly, but apparently I overestimated some people. I don't have any real interest in trying to force it, though.

Zoltri
01-30-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thought, and I kind of expected that we would get to that point quickly, but apparently I overestimated some people. I don't have any real interest in trying to force it, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.brawl-hall.com/gallery/data/media/5/flip_the_bird.jpg

daryn
01-30-2005, 06:19 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]
if Helmuth beats Jones in a heads up match does that make UB better than Stars?

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously.... idiot.

ThaSaltCracka
01-30-2005, 06:19 PM
lets just set up a private 10+1 tourney on stars and you guys can tell everyone at FTR who wants to play and we will tell everyone at 2+2 who wants to play and we'll see what happens.

But we will definitely let EVERYONE on 2+2 know, and we will let them know this is all about bragging rights, and we will just end it at that. I am looking forward to this.

ClaytonN
01-30-2005, 06:39 PM
If anyone knows GrannyMae somebody please fill her in. She did the tsunami relief tourney superbly, and everything went smoothly when it came to charitable proceeds.