PDA

View Full Version : Best bonus whore deals for TOURNEY players?

KKbluff
01-30-2005, 04:27 PM
I do occasionally play ring games, but seem to be making much more money playing online tourneys instead. Just wondering what sites would be the best to bonus whore from if i mainly want to play tournaments?

playersare
01-30-2005, 04:43 PM
you want a site which gives you player points in exchange for tourney fees, which can then be redeemed towards earning the bonus.

poker stars has the best overall deal since they award $1 in bonus for every 5 FPP's, and since you get 5 FPP's per $1 cash paid in tourney fees, it's essentially a 100% refund. even better yet, fractional FPP's are rounded up so a 50c tourney fee would be given 3 FPP's for an additional 17% cash back.

other sites with decent tourney bonus refund rates would be pokerroom (71%) and full tilt (42%). on sites which do not refund tourneys via player points, you can signup for an affiliate rakeback deal in the 20-25% range. remember of course that you need to have an actual signup or reload bonus active in order to receive bonus back while you're playing.

KKbluff
01-30-2005, 05:02 PM
I will have to try those sites out. Are there any deposit codes i will need for these sites?

playersare
01-30-2005, 05:31 PM
pokerstars doesn't not have a signup bonus, but I've heard a reload deal is coming up in february so maybe wait until they announce it.

pokerroom has some good signup links via cardplayer magazine as well as bonuswhores.com. before depositing, I would call support and double check that they do indeed allow bonus clearing via tourney fees.

if you are ONLY playing tourneys then Full Tilt is an okay place to play. however, the bonus structure is different for ring games and at low limits it is essentially worthless.

KKbluff
02-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Ive only been able to redeem my pokerstars player points for merchandise, not $. Am i missing something?

playersare
02-01-2005, 02:23 PM
like I said, you need to have a reload bonus deal in place first before the FPP's apply to cash back.

there is nothing running on pokerstars as of current but the rumors are high that they (and other competitors) will announce reloads sometime in February, if not already. based on previous offers, the deal will be either 20% up to $120 or 25% up to $150. basically they want to you deposit the default neteller max amount of $600 to take full advantage.

once your reload is in place, then you can access a separate window which shows your progress. spend the equivalent of your bonus amount on tourney fees and then you will receive 100%+ of the money back in the end. pokerstars bonus dollars do not expire.

KKbluff
02-01-2005, 11:54 PM
I see. Thanks again for all your help, you are a lifesaver!

daveymck
02-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Victor Chandler/Doyles room also offer points for Tournie play as well, but I dont know how achievable clearing the bonus would be without any ring game play.

playersare
02-02-2005, 12:58 PM
for apex network sites (Doyle/VC/GP etc), action points earned from tourney fees can sometimes only be banked towards freerolls and merch. they would not necessarily apply towards clearing any deposit bonus funds.

from what I can tell, you can use AP's to earn bonus dollars at victor chandler, but not at doyle's room and golden palace. the conversion rate is 100 action points per $1 in tourney fees - since VC gives $1 bonus per 125 AP's, then it's a refund rate of 80%.

because the apex bonuses on ring games never amount to more than 100% rakeback, they are not useful for general whoring. the tourney rebates at victor chandler are good, but unfortunately US residents cannot play there.