PDA

View Full Version : How thin is the value on this river bet?

JrJordan
01-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Villain in the hand is somewhat loose, fairly passive preflop and very passive post flop (aggro numbers all less than 0.5). The flop and turn seem fairly reasonable (planning to fold a raise on either of those streets). River comments?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>

spydog
01-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Against a passive player it's probably best to complete with this hand and then bet if you hit the flop. Raising does you no good because he will call with anything. Betting the flop does no good because he will only bet if he has a piece, in which case you can release.

Yes, bet the turn.

Yes, bet the river.

manpower
01-30-2005, 08:21 PM
I think the pf raise is good. JTo is a good enough hand that raising here is for value even if you know he's going to call with any two. I think the river bet is real marginal. I think it's probably right to bet it here. But he doesn't have to be very aggressive before I'm check calling.