PDA

View Full Version : Odds on wining with pocket Aces

foonboy
01-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Now I am pretty sure that it is ether 76% or 86% percent, and after that.

question: Do you go all in henever you get pocket aces in a TOURNAMENT (obvously no-limit)

you see I hate to get pocket aces, because.. OK they are the best starting hand but there isnty to much you can work with unless 10J Q K comes up or 2345 or even another A but in most cases it seems to me like ur getting 4 aces in the hole when playin ohmaha!

elonkra
01-30-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now I am pretty sure that it is ether 76% or 86% percent, and after that.

question: Do you go all in henever you get pocket aces in a TOURNAMENT (obvously no-limit)

you see I hate to get pocket aces, because.. OK they are the best starting hand but there isnty to much you can work with unless 10J Q K comes up or 2345 or even another A but in most cases it seems to me like ur getting 4 aces in the hole when playin ohmaha!

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think you need to improve AA to win money?

Derek in NYC
01-30-2005, 05:04 PM
The answer is that, if played to the river heads-up, aces win around 85% of the time, and if played to the river against a full table, they win around 35% of the time.

But this statistic isn't really very helpful unless you are allin. Fact is that on some flops, aces may well have to fold, and many of the hands that would beat aces would be forced out by proper post-flop play.

So this is only a "relative strength" statistic, not really a predictive statistic.

smoore
01-30-2005, 08:02 PM
the only reason NOT to get all your money in preflop in a tournament with AA is if you think you won't get called. Postflop, sometimes you have to fold /images/graemlins/frown.gif

deadmunny
01-30-2005, 11:12 PM
In a tournament, say Pot limit AA in EP is a curse because you cannot raise to the max, In NL, you may not want to go All-in for fear of not getting called but generally speaking yes,

Slim Pickens
01-31-2005, 05:05 AM
Read this thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1641217&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

Absolution
01-31-2005, 11:56 AM
That's when you hope you have an aggressive table and limp reraise. :P