PDA

View Full Version : Overplaying pr + flushdraw?

BottlesOf
01-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Hand 1: Unknown villain:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

BottlesOf
01-30-2005, 06:29 PM
lil love?

helpmeout
01-30-2005, 06:35 PM
How do you expect anyone else to play this?

This is about as standard as it gets.

BottlesOf
01-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Really? Well that's what I wanted to know. In full games I wouldn't play like this, I would just call the flop raise. I'm new here /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sublime
01-30-2005, 09:22 PM
i would just probably call the flop raise and check call the turn, bet a river spade. if the guy wants to raise a worse hand, let him. he is still going to do the same (bet) on the turn.

Chobohoya
01-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Generally just call his raise and check-call the turn, and bet with improvement on the river. There aren't too many at the 5-10 that will fold to a turn bet here, even after your 3bet on the flop, so that takes away most of your reason for betting. However, if you do find that type of player, just hit the raise button every chance you get with this sort of hand.

Alobar
01-30-2005, 09:59 PM
I like it. You may get a better hand (87s or something) to fold on the turn, and youve got lots of outs if you dont. If you get popped on the turn its an easy river fold unless you improve. which costs the same as just check/calling down. And if you miss on the river, depending on the board, you can sometimes fold to a bet. I like it better than calling the flop raise and checking calling the turn, because i dont think you get any advantage out of playing it that way.

Guy McSucker
01-31-2005, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Really? Well that's what I wanted to know. In full games I wouldn't play like this, I would just call the flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Looks to me like you are a favourite on the flop, so you should want money to go in on the flop. I can't see any reason to just call the flop raise here.

As for the turn, well, there's a very good chance you're not a favourite any longer, so now the question is whether there's any chance he'll fold if you bet, and if not, will he check behind if you check?

I prefer winning the pot to getting a free card so on balance betting out is probably better.

Guy.