PDA

View Full Version : What about Paradise Poker

snowmen
01-30-2005, 02:04 PM
i read Paradise Poker had a lot of good player and a hard to beat field. Is this correct? How is he situation now?

Pd: I like their software :P and never play for real there

gila
01-30-2005, 02:10 PM
I don't know where people get that this place is tough; seems about average to me. Maybe they are comparing it to party.

StellarWind
01-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Paradise is tougher than Party but quite beatable. The rake is lower and the software and service are much better.

The lobby lists see-flop percentage for each table over the last 20 deals. That is the primary game-selection tool.

I've always enjoyed playing there but the money is better at Party.

Player12345
01-30-2005, 02:22 PM
i took the reload and played for only 30 minutes last night. that's not enough time to get a handle, but i left the table up 49 big bets in the 30 minutes (5-10 5max). i only left because i had to be somewhere, and that killed me because there were people on the wait list for my game that i knew sucked and were action junkies so i know it only got better after i gave up my seat. the person on the top of the wait list that took my seat is one of the most pathetic passive calling station i know there. i'm sure the table was thrilled to see me go. lol

i had one nice pot, but the rest of the win was just from out playing the competition. the cards did not hit me in any unusual way and i actually had 2 decent pots that were uncontested at the river when 2 folded to my bet. one was a J high pure bluff.

i'm going to play some this afternoon, but from what i saw last night the games are softer now than they were a few months ago. maybe it is because people play looser during a nice bonus, maybe i got lucky. i'll know in a few days.

BruinEric
01-30-2005, 02:30 PM
You'll find several threads here about Paradise already.

If you were in the position where you could ONLY choose ONE site on which to play poker, then you'd probably choose Party Poker. However, I don't know anyone in that position.

Paradise is a great place to play, and deserves playtime from any player not locked into one site. The software is good. The support is outstanding. The saw-flop and avg-pot numbers are helpful.

It is likely true that Party Poker is the site most likely to have a player in the game that has never played poker for real money before. But Party Poker is also the site more likely to have an 8-tabling uber rock at your table as well.

BigBluffer
01-30-2005, 02:41 PM
I signed up for the GRANNY bonus Friday and finished clearing it yesterday. Took about 10 hours of mostly 3-tabling $1/$2. About 1400 hands. Made a $150 profit in addition to the $100 bonus. Sweet deal! Can't wait for the reload bonuses in February.

Player12345
01-30-2005, 02:47 PM
did you do the football reload also? you are allowed to do both.

BigBluffer
01-30-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did you do the football reload also? you are allowed to do both.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean the one that's good for reloads between February 4 and 6? Or is there another reload bonus besides that?

limodude
01-30-2005, 09:34 PM
I am in the middle of clearing my granny bonus. Are you guys using Poker Tracker and GT+ with Paradise. And if so how do you get GT+ to be in real time since you need the site to email you your hand histories? Thanks. Sorry for hijacking the thread.