PDA

View Full Version : Enough memory for poker tracker?

DDBeast
01-30-2005, 01:03 PM
I was wondering if my comp can even support poker tracker. It has about a whopping 1.5 gigs free (out of 8). This can be cleaned up a little bit though.

thrillhouse7
01-30-2005, 06:29 PM
I have two databases that take up about 1.8 gigs. I'm sure you could use it but it'd be better if you had more space. Send Pat from pokertracker an email.

cgwahl
01-30-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if my comp can even support poker tracker. It has about a whopping 1.5 gigs free (out of 8). This can be cleaned up a little bit though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have more than enough space for now. But once you get to the tens of thousands or a hundred thousand plus hands you will most likely need to start getting a bigger HD or possibly start deleting stuff. Myself, I only have 6 or 7k hands and am only using 30 megabytes.

What you probably need to worry about more right now is processor speed and RAM.

Yeknom58
01-30-2005, 06:45 PM
The DB's can get big pretty fast if you're data mining soo you need a bigger HD. How old is your comp??? 8 gigs...you have to be kidding.

DDBeast
01-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Im not kidding, she's just...seasoned. Anyway I got up to about 3.3 free gigs now, is this good enough?