PDA

View Full Version : EPT sat hand

byronkincaid
01-30-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm confused about this hand. It was during last nights sat for the French EPT $380 buy in, top 7 go to France 8-15 get their money back. I'm 3rd with 18000 chips, 27 people left and I'm on the button with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

UTG is 7th with 12500 chips and the blinds are 75/150. He raises to 900. I've just arrived on this table so I've got no reads. I can't decide what to do. A 6 * BB raise could be AK or a middle pair? Probably not AA or KK. I am erring towards folding, thinking about raising and eventually call. I probably would have folded if I wasn't sooted.

The flop comes J /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif and UTG bets 3000. I think for a while, worry about AK and fold. It shouldn't make any difference but this was the highest buy in tourney I've ever played. I'm a SNG player and only have limited experience in multis. I ended up winning a seat but I can't help thinking I didn't play this well.

Rushmore
01-30-2005, 12:21 PM
With no reads, and at this particular point in the tournament, all things considered, I think you might make a decent case for a preflop fold.

Sounds weak, looks weak.

Might be right anyway.