PDA

View Full Version : KK Turn Decesion

CPA
01-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

I unfortunatly don't have too many reads, but the table appears to be an average loose 2/4 table.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero ????

All thoughts and comments appreciated.

The Dude
01-30-2005, 11:28 AM
... doesn't put any more bets into this pot.

dfscott
01-30-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think you're behind often enough that you check/fold from here? If it's checked through on the turn, are you calling a bet on the river?

SamIAm
01-30-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it's checked through on the turn, are you calling a bet on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]I'd take the free card on the turn and if the river's black and low, I'll call a single bet.

If it's black and low and checked around, I might even bet myself. I don't think they'd try a check-raise twice in a row, and lots of people will assume you're bluffing. (So you'll get paid if you do win.)
-Sam

adamstewart
01-30-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think you're behind often enough that you check/fold from here? If it's checked through on the turn, are you calling a bet on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

* 4 other players in this pot
* ALL of them called a board with an ace and two diamonds (even after Hero raised preflop)
* third diamond falls on the turn

I'd say the Hero is behind to a pair of ace's and/or a made flush 100% of the time.

Adam

adamstewart
01-30-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

* 4 other players in this pot
* ALL of them called a board with an ace and two diamonds (even after Hero raised preflop)
* third diamond falls on the turn

I'd say the Hero is behind to a pair of ace's and/or a made flush 100% of the time

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

And yes, I'd go a far as to say "Check-fold the river, unimproved."

Adam

Zeke
01-30-2005, 03:25 PM
I think betting this turn is your best option. If you get check/raised you can fold, and if you get callers you can hopefully take a free showdown. I think betting here gives you the chance to take down the pot immediately, and if not will most likely give you a free showdown.

adamstewart
01-30-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think betting this turn is your best option. If you get check/raised you can fold, and if you get callers you can hopefully take a free showdown. I think betting here gives you the chance to take down the pot immediately, and if not will most likely give you a free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why pay an extra bet for a "free showdown" if you're going to lose it?

Adam