PDA

View Full Version : A quick KQo hand

Evan
01-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Live 7.50/15
I think it was 5 handed at the time (so maybe this should go in HUSH, but the shorthandedness didn't really affect this hand)

UTG is loose and awful. He's a dealer that just got off. he is kinda tilting after losing a few big pots.
MP is sfer
Button is edtost
BB is fryking

I'm in the SB (which is 2/3 of the big blind) with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG limps, sfer folds, edtost folds, I raise, fryking folds, UTG calls

Flop: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, UTG raises, I call intending to check raise a non-heart turn.

What do you think so far? I will post the turn action later.

The Dude
01-30-2005, 10:14 AM
I prefer to 3-bet. He could be semi-bluff raising the flop with an A or one pair and decide to check behind the turn. There are also a lot of turn cards that will make him decide to not bet when he was intending to. Another reason is when a heart comes on the turn you're more likely to get called down w/ Kx on heart when you 3-bet the flop and lead the rest of the way than you are if you stop-n-go the turn.

scrub
01-30-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG is loose and awful. He's a dealer that just got off. he is kinda tilting after losing a few big pots.
MP is sfer
Button is edtost

[/ QUOTE ]

You rule at game selection.

scrub

scrub
01-30-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Live 7.50/15
I think it was 5 handed at the time (so maybe this should go in HUSH, but the shorthandedness didn't really affect this hand)

MP is sfer
Button is edtost
BB is fryking

I'm in the SB (which is 2/3 of the big blind) with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG limps, sfer folds, edtost folds, I raise, fryking folds, UTG calls

Flop: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, UTG raises, I call intending to check raise a non-heart turn.

What do you think so far? I will post the turn action later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that I'd raise preflop, but I would definitely bet/3-bet the flop having played it the way you did.

scrub

The Dude
01-30-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure that I'd raise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
One limper to me in the SB, I'm raising weaker Ks than that.

scrub
01-30-2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah--I was totally wrong about that.

For whatever reason I thought Ed was in the BB, in which case Evan's chances of getting HU with crappy limper would have been substantially lower and Evan's chances of facing weird raises the times he failed to flop a pair would also have been higher.

My bad.

scrub

xxxxx
01-30-2005, 11:45 AM
There is like no hand I 3-bet the flop. Say I flop the ice cold nuts and someone raises me. I prefer to call and raise on the next street. What hands is this a leak?

dmk
01-30-2005, 11:58 AM
a lot of ppl raise the flop so they can check the turn through w/ a lot of drawing hands. you'll be giving too many free cards

StellarWind
01-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Easy 3-bet on the flop. The checkraise is too likely to miss for various reasons. You'll also be sorry you missed a bet when you make your flush.

Joe Tall
01-30-2005, 02:21 PM
3-bet this flop, take the lead on the turn. Too often your opponent will check through this flop w/one /images/graemlins/heart.gif such as the Ace, you'll get more out of it playing this hand straight forward while out of position.

Go Pats!
Joe Tall

ErrantNight
01-30-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG limps, sfer folds, edtost folds,

[/ QUOTE ] !!!!!!

zimmer879
01-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Normally I would say 3 bet the flop, but I don't think a tilting dealer is gonna check through on the turn w/ anything, so I like your line.

BottlesOf
01-30-2005, 04:21 PM
No way, start spraying.

edtost
01-30-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UTG limps, sfer folds, edtost folds,

[/ QUOTE ] !!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

you bolded the wrong folder.

Sarge85
01-30-2005, 06:11 PM
I think you just fire another shell in on the flop. Maybe he has the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and would love to have you give him a free card.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif