PDA

View Full Version : Good lies (some actual poker content)

JaBlue
01-30-2005, 06:58 AM
OK so I'm playing. Tight table. Mostly good players (yes, I know... table selection...) I cheated before getting a reply to my "when to move up post" and am doing the 2-4.
Anyway, this hand popped up:
2-4 just about everyone has 400$

solid MP raises 12$, LP calls behind him, folded to me in BB I call w/ 88.

Flop: 9 6 2 rainbow. 38$ in pot. I bet 25, get raised by MP to 60. LP folded, I called.

I called because of my image. I felt MP could easily think I have any two.

Turn: 9 completes rainbow, I lead out again for 100$ and MP folds and says "Wow this sucks... KK... B S"

Two minutes later: "You better have had that 9, JaBlue."
My reply: "No, I was full. That 9 saved you."
Him: "Yeah I was fearing the set."
LP: "I folded 10 10 on that flop!"

Anyway, I felt like I would post it because its very good to reinforce opponents perceptions of their great laydowns. Some players just love to huge laydowns, and this guy was an example. He is definitely someone I will pull a move on in the future.

OK maybe not that much actual poker content, but thought I'd post about some psychology that isn't taken into account often enough on these boards in my opinion.

PS I hope that guy isn't reading this /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

-JaBlue

Burno
01-30-2005, 07:18 AM
Nice. The more subtle, the more you allow them to "figure it out," the more likely they are to believe you.

I pulled this one last week. Solid EP raises to $2, massive donator makes it $6. I make it $20 with AA. EP thinks for a bit and folds, donkey calls, I push the flop, he folds. EP starts whining about how he folded QQ. I bet the favorite and type into the chat,

"lemme guess, one red, one black?"

He responds "I don't remember"

"wait"

"lol"

"sh!t"

Free advertising. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PS. Unless you feast on rock gardens, I'd stay away from stars 2/4 at this hour.

warlockjd
01-30-2005, 08:57 AM
Alternatively, I like to chat about fictitiouslygreat laydowns I made to the LAGs so they bet it next time.