PDA

View Full Version : KK vs 2+2er AncientPC?

Garland
01-30-2005, 05:44 AM
Stakes: $0.50/$1 ($200 Max stack)
Players: Fairly loose. From the short time I observed there's been a lot of preflop raising by the short stacks. At the time I just arrived, so no special read. I did not make any attempt to introduce myself as a 2+2er as I didn't want to tip him off right away if he is the 2+2er AncientPC.

Additional information: As a new player, I had just raised raised open-raised with TT in late position two hands ago (no callers), so it's entirely possible they misperceive that I'm a loose-aggressive opponent rather than the tight-aggressive I really am.

This is my first rotation and my first time playing at Absolute for several months. Desperate people do desperate things when lacking bonuses to play for!

How did this play go, supposing I'm fairly sure this is a 2+2 player?

All comments appreciated.

Garland

CO+2 (~$118) calls for $1, Garland in CO+1 ($200) with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif and raises to $4. AncientPC (~$100) cold-calls the raise on the button.

Flop (Pot = $13.50):

2/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif

CO+2 checks, Garland checks, AncientPC bets $8, CO+2 folds, Garland calls.

Turn (Pot = $29.50):

2/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Garland checks, AncientPC bets $15, Garland calls.

River (Pot = $59.50):

2/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif

Garland bets $44...

Results forthcoming...

AncientPC
01-30-2005, 06:12 AM
Yes that was me. I was tilting from losing top set to a guy who had bottom pair and pushed that hit 4-flush on the river in a big pot.

I shouldn't have called that OB on the river, I was kicking myself in the ass right after I did. There was no reason for you to bet out except for fear of me checking behind, and obviously you weren't afraid of TPTK.

Edit: You guys suck, that's why I hate the fact that my name is the same on AP and these forums. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif You know I'm going to value bet down AQo here against an unknown.

Burno
01-30-2005, 06:22 AM
Granted it played out well, but I think I really like your line on this Garland. Nice hand.

I don't play absolute, but I'm salivating at the idea of 200BB stacks. Are there still maniacs willing to get it all in with the 9th nuts with the money that deep?

AncientPC
01-30-2005, 06:26 AM
A lot of people there play shortstacked (like me) who aren't necessarily comfortable with 200BB stacks. There's a lot of short stack pushing all ins with crap hands.

TheWorstPlayer
01-30-2005, 07:49 AM
I don't think you should bet so aggressively here and you definitely should not call the river bet. Even though he is an unknown, if anything he looked aggressive. Raise, check/call is a very strange line. Especially for an aggresive player. And there are no draws on this board. You have position and are only fearing a K, so I might even check behind on the flop. I just a check/raise as being too likely and as you know, TPTK likes a small pot. But betting is fine, since maybe you don't want to give free cards to TT or JJ. But I would bet half the pot. There are no draws, so he is either ahead or drawing to two outs. If you check behind on the flop, then he will probably bet the turn and I would raise. If he calls the raise, you are done most likely. The way you played it by betting the flop, I would definitely check behind on the turn. What can he check/call with on that flop that you are ahead of? There is a 90% chance I think that you are heading for a check/raise on the turn. Just check behind and then call a small bet on the river or just fold the river. I can't think of a hand that you are beating that would call a turn raise.

Garland
01-30-2005, 03:44 PM
the ol' bumparoo!

Garland
01-31-2005, 12:47 AM
My thoughts:

I had just raised a couple of hands before and I am a relative unknown, so I could be a loose fish for all they know.

Due to the action, I believed that AncientPC had AQ specifically by the turn with a slight chance of KQc. I think he reraises QQ preflop, and besides, he might have slowplayed them on the flop, who knows.

River bet. I wasn't sure if AncientPC was going to value bet TPTK on the river or not, and I wanted to set my own price for the showdown, so I bet about 3/4 the pot and he called. I showed, and I was happy /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

Garland

Preflop (Pot = $1.50):

CO+2 (~$118) calls for $1, Garland in CO+1 ($200) with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif and raises to $4. AncientPC (~$100) cold-calls the raise on the button.

Flop (Pot = $13.50):

2/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif

CO+2 checks, Garland checks, AncientPC bets $8, CO+2 folds, Garland calls.

Turn (Pot = $29.50):

2/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Garland checks, AncientPC bets $15, Garland calls.

River (Pot = $59.50):

2/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif

Garland bets $44, AncientPC calls.

Garland shows, AncientPC mucks (stupid Absolute Poker doesn't show losing hands). However, like AncientPC says and I believe, he has AQo, with a slight chance of KQs.

Garland wins $147.50