PDA

View Full Version : Bubblin'

Madd
01-30-2005, 05:37 AM
Should I take a stand here?

Three players with 1500 each, one big stack with 3500 who has been bullying around. Blinds are 150/300. Hero gets dealt QTo in the BB.

UTG and Button (big stack) fold, SB pushes, Hero ?

Please take my position at the table into account, and that SB is pushing with any two.

dcoles11
01-30-2005, 06:39 AM
even if he's bluffing that dosen't change the fact that you have Q-10o. In almost the same exact situation i've been the guy that moved all in against the BB, holding a not so strong hand, something like K7. I was called and the guy ended up having 8-9. I won the hand and he said, "I knew you were just bullying me, thats why I called" my responce to him was, "so you decided to risk your tournament life with 8-9 pre flop because you knew I wasn't holding a monster?" Its just a good aggressive move by the player and I lay down Q-10o in that situation, he dosen't have to have that strong of a hand to be a favorite against you.

ChrisV
01-30-2005, 09:19 AM
It's close, but yes, I would call. The ICM has it at fold 18.55%, call 20.07%. You have to know SB though because if his hand is significantly better than random it's going to be a bad deal. If your hand drops to even money against his for example, the ICM says fold. I would probably call even when the ICM has it as a slight fold, because the ICM is not taking into account the pressure the blinds are putting on you and the difficulty you will have running steals against the big stack.

Madd
01-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Thank you both for your answers.
It's nice that my own thoughts are confirmed by a 200$-player. I don't feel comfortable calling an all-in in the bubble with QTo, however seeing the difficulty to steal myself, I didn't want to be blinded down, so I called. Villain indeed showed two random cards (82o) and I doubled up.

elanto
01-30-2005, 02:45 PM
I agree it is a very tough call, it all depends on the situation and on the read i have of the SB, as you said, if he is pushing with any two and has been stealing your blinds for the last three orbits then call, but it all depends on your read IMO

-anto

rachelwxm
01-31-2005, 12:09 PM
tough call. Against a player who would push anytwo, I would probably call.

willie
01-31-2005, 12:44 PM
only way you can call is if you're almost positive he's pushin any 2.

you only have queen high and could possibly be dominated.... i wouldn't make it a routine call by any means since you could find yourself in a baaad situation callin here many times.

on a side note, on the bubble yesterday a guy open pushed for 2k in a 33 dollar tourney on party...so i fold, he says aq, i told him i folded kq dd, which i did.

This set up a steal he tried on me since i told him i made one lay down. I min raised from the button with 55 and he pushed from the big blind and i had him slightly covered , i felt he was exploiting the fact that i can make a laydown and called

he had 42 off.

so in conclusion sometimes people are insanely aggressive on the bubble, and sometimes you look like an idiot playin a hand bad there. tough decisions abound.