PDA

View Full Version : tight10 party SNG adjustments

morgan180
01-30-2005, 05:31 AM
I've been stuck in some ultra-tight 10 SNGs lately. I'm still beating them rather regularly (small sample) by just playing ultra-tight and getting my cards in with the best of it once the blinds get huge, but are there other adjustments that can be made with a super-tight SNG? Or do you just grit your teeth and bear it until the blinds start to go up, where you apply your normal stealing strategy, etc.?

My gut says to try to play a few more hands with big implied odds when you can get in cheaply in the early levels. Especially connected cards that can make some rather concealed straights. The problem is though that your stacks are still so shallow that increased limping will cut in to your chip stack.

I mean, I know in the end you just have to adjust to your table and play poker against people. But anyone have any success with certain lines in these type games?

lorinda
01-30-2005, 08:43 AM
If you are fortunate enough to double up through the one bad player, you can hammer your advantage home at 50-100 and above with lots of small raises.

Lori

microbet
01-30-2005, 01:26 PM
When you are in position in the early rounds and the table is tight enough to let you steal blinds and limps with reasonably small bets, I see no reason not to do it. If you are called by a tight player, it will be easier to take the pot post-flop too.

Chips are chips, whether they come in the first round or the fourth. The formula 'tight for three rounds, then aggressive' is generally right but not for every hand at every table. You just have to be more willing to give credit for a top hand because the table is full.

Am I crazy?