PDA

View Full Version : KQ>>??

zaxx19
01-30-2005, 02:58 AM
I keep seeing KQ pop up in huge pots that are well raised preflop...

Is KQ the new AQ?? Can these donkeys muck it?? Do you play KQ for a raise usually?? Under which circumstances??

mythrilfox
01-30-2005, 03:29 AM
No. I don't. Too easily dominated. Possibly suited, with position, against a player w/ loose raising standards. Out of position, however, KQ is a fairly easy dump.

AncientPC
01-30-2005, 06:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No. I don't. Too easily dominated. Possibly suited, with position, against a player w/ loose raising standards. Out of position, however, KQ is a fairly easy dump.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. I will open with it in MP / LP though.

PokerCat69
01-30-2005, 06:32 AM
KQ Soooooooooted /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
KQo /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Burno
01-30-2005, 06:45 AM
offsuit is worthless in EP and EMP. MP I may open raise with it if I'm feeling frisky. LP it's worth an attempt to steal the blinds/gain initiative if the game style permits.

Suited is another story. Multiway, like any suited connector, it's a good hand to try to stack someone with. The key, however, and this is especially true when calling raises with it heads up, is having enough feel to get away from a top pair hand, lest you be the one getting stacked. Play it like 67s in these situations, don't get all your money in with TPGK, that's a donk play.

One ? would probably suffice.

TheWorstPlayer
01-30-2005, 07:54 AM
It is pretty good for a raise at 6 max. And to call a raise from a LAG, even.

Burno
01-30-2005, 07:58 AM
Si. Unless someone says 6 max, my default is to give full ring advice.

amoeba
01-30-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm constantly amazed by how much more value you guys give to suited ness. I don't think that they being suited adds that much.

I raise this almost everytime in 6 max except in the blinds with multiple limpers.

If I am playing a 2+2 style table, I even raise it in the blinds.

I never call a PFR with them.

warlockjd
01-30-2005, 12:51 PM
How bout the ever popular min pf rz?

amoeba
01-30-2005, 12:52 PM
wtf?

why would I do that?

FUpaymee
01-30-2005, 01:07 PM
Speaking of the min. pf raise...I have noticed A LOT of people min. pf raising with AA or KK in EP in a full ring...idiots. I'm always cautious of those raises now, but I sure love seeing a cheap flop with QJ and making the straight. Then they cry when their set gets busted.

allLiving
01-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Just calling a raise with KQo or KQs is just asking for trouble.

Ben
01-30-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

wtf?

why would I do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's asking if you would CALL a min pf raise.

warlockjd
01-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

[ QUOTE ]
I never call a PFR with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you call a minirz with KQo?

DoubleDown
01-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Table is playing very loose preflop... most players are trying to just limp in and see a cheap flop, but will fold to a substantial PFR. Table is about to break apart as all games will be ending in 5 mins.

Villain in this hand had been playing TAG nearly all nite on our previous table before we were forced to combine tables. He has been tilting after losing 2 large pots in the past 1/2 hour, after being called down on the river and having to show 2 no-pair hands. Played very LAG on hands shown. Hero considers me a tight player from hands i had shown down in the past 3-4 hours of playing with him at a different table. [however, i'm not sure if he is in a state of mind to consider his opponents table image at this point... he came back to the table looking pretty baked about 1/2 hr ago following a 15 min 'smoke' break]

Hero (~$225) is MP w/ KQs. Nearly entire table limps to villain (~$600+) who makes it $20 to go. [Note standard open-raise in this game is $12-$15.] All folds to Hero, who calls; rest of the table folds.

Flop (~$55) K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
Hero Checks. Villain Checks.

I figured the villain for a flop bet and planned to C/R the flop. Once that window closed, I planned to C/R the turn.

Turn (~$55) K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
Hero Checks. Villain bets $25.

Your move? ... results to follow ...

warlockjd
01-30-2005, 04:41 PM
I think you will have more success getting replies if you post this as a new thread.

Not sure, but given your description, I think I'm willing to go to the felt here.

TheWorstPlayer
01-30-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once that window closed, I planned to C/R the turn.

Turn (~$55) K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
Hero Checks. Villain bets $25.

Your move?

[/ QUOTE ]
Check/raise the turn.

PokerCat69
01-30-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm constantly amazed by how much more value you guys give to suited ness. I don't think that they being suited adds that much.

[/ QUOTE ]
Suited means everything. I play KQs like 78s.
I'm looking for a flush straight, or 2 pair.
If you play KQo and the flop comes: Q49r, it becomes easy to fall in the love with the hand, meanwhile your dominated by some guy with AQ. Very similar to hands like AJo A10o etc.
All crap. Aq is actually the only non suited hand I play (excluding PP)

TheWorstPlayer
01-30-2005, 06:16 PM
What's your VPIP? 11%? How often do you see people limping AK/AQ? I don't see it too often. If I hit Kxx or Qxx I think it is a safe assumption that you have TPTK in an unraised pot. You are definitely losing value by not playing (or raising) KQ in many situations. Also, you're a mad rock so I am never giving you action.

PokerCat69
01-30-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's your VPIP? 11%? How often do you see people limping AK/AQ? I don't see it too often. If I hit Kxx or Qxx I think it is a safe assumption that you have TPTK in an unraised pot. You are definitely losing value by not playing (or raising) KQ in many situations. Also, you're a mad rock so I am never giving you action.

[/ QUOTE ]
I play 22-AA Ako Aks Aqs Aq
Axs and any suited connector depending on my position and preflop action. This is full ring Games, not 6max.

Now if your talking about SNGs then I'd agree that Kq can be a monster hand late in the game when its 2-4 handed. Infact I took down a SNG with KQo a few days agos. But in a full ring cash game you should not be raising with KQo

TheWorstPlayer
01-30-2005, 07:21 PM
I disagree. I think raising KQ in late position, especially with no EP limpers is not only okay, it is good. Maybe we can bring a third party to weigh in here?