PDA

View Full Version : QQ with 7BB = Push?

wegs the wegs
01-30-2005, 01:05 AM
I just had this situation come up in the 10+1 UB NL. The blinds were going up on the next hand. I was UTG+2, folded to me. I pushed, was I right in doing so?

The more I think about it no. I'm only getting called by AA, AK, and KK here by mid sized stacks, but Ax by big stacks. Im guessing 90% of the time I just reap blinds.

Lloyd
01-30-2005, 01:29 AM
This is an easy push. The only reason why you'd make a normal raise is to encourage action as you're pot committed - you shouldn't fold regardless of the flop. By pushing you should get rid of those Ax hands that can cause trouble.

zaxx19
01-30-2005, 02:41 AM
I'm only getting called by AA, AK, and KK

Im considered weak-tight and even I think this range is a little narrow. A medium stack is probably gonna find it damn near impossible to muck JJ here AQ-AJs 10-10 99 88 are all also strong possibilites for a call especially 10-10 and AQ.

ucfryan
01-30-2005, 07:27 AM
I'm new to tournament play, but with only 7 BBs any smart/decent player that sees you minraise with a small stack is going to have alarms going off in his head. I think by pushing you're more likely to get called by a hand you want to get called with. Might just be me though.