PDA

View Full Version : Did you Know that SpongeBob is GAY!?!?!?

Talk2BigSteve
01-30-2005, 12:31 AM
http://i.xanga.com/wommuck/sponge.jpg

Ok... So apparently Dr. James Dobson (EVIL), Focus on the Family (EVIL) and the American Family Association (EVIL) have taken aim at SpongeBob SquarePants.

You see, the Nickelodeon character was licensed to appear in a video about tolerance that is being distributed to 61,000 schools. Sounds great right?

Well I guess not... You see the geniuses at the American Family Association and Focus on the Family both say that SpongeBob is actually trying to indoctrinate kids into accepting homosexuality.

Holy [censored] [censored].
The video in question is actually a music video produced by the "We Are Family Foundation" founded by Nile Rodgers, the disco-era hit maker who wrote the Sister Sledge smash "We are Family".

There's no mention of sexual identity in the video or it's accompanying educational materials, only a message of tolerance to everyone who is different. Nevertheless, Dobson still sees the video as "...An insidious means by which the organization is manipulating and potentially brainwashing kids... it is a classic bait and switch.''
And there folks, you have the fundamental difference between American religious extremeists vs. Islamic religious extemeists.

With the exception of an occasional bombing of an abortion clinic or gay-bar or a hate-crime here and there, *our* religious fanatics are pretty much harmless. They're left to serving as only the butt of jokes, due to their exhaustive pursuit of homosexual and demonic cartoon and fictional characters.

They serve notice to characters like Tinky-Winky, Harry Potter,and Spongebob... and for that, we're truly.... amused.

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Duke
01-30-2005, 01:41 AM
I always figured he was banging Sandy Cheeks and Pearl Krabs.

~D

Matt Flynn
01-30-2005, 01:41 AM
I was living in San Francisco when one of those folks came out against Tinky Wink, the supposedly gay Teletubby.

Two weeks later we went to see the Gay Pride parade. It starts, and there's Tinky Wink, marching alone and standing tall. It was just hilarious.

The other highlights were the procession of cops, who handed out donuts to the crowd, and Miller Genuine Draft sponsoring the beefcake gay men's weightlifters float. I always thought Budweiser missed a huge opportunity there. They could have filmed that float and run commercials about it in conservative states. They pretty much could've overnight killed a third of Miller sales.

Matt

slavic
01-30-2005, 04:46 AM
Funny, Dobson doesn't seem to be attacking Sponge Bob at all.

Dobson's site (http://family.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/family.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=17669)

His point seems to be that using characters to teach kids about things they can't comprehend yet "crosses a moral line". I tend to agree.

nothumb
01-30-2005, 05:38 AM
Where's wrong forum man when you need him?

NT

Sephus
01-30-2005, 08:39 AM
way to research what these people are actually saying before you post... /images/graemlins/ooo.gif but i guess the writer of whatever article you read about it didnt bother either, so maybe you can blame it on him/her.

youtalkfunny
01-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Enough is enough, when will this subject be put to rest?

TINKY-WINKY *IS* GAY!!!

If you think he's not, then you've never seen HIM play with HIS purse. And you've never seen HIM put on a DRESS and go dance around the back yard. These things actually happened on the show, A LOT!

I was calling Tinky-Winky gay about 2 years before Falwell called him out. And I didn't even know about the purple or the triangle.

So for the last time: Tinky Winky IS gay!

(SpongeBob is str8, but I'm not too sure about Squidward. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I think it's obvious that Squidward is OK in my book. Hell, some of my best friends...)

tek
01-30-2005, 10:54 AM
Smurfs cartoon years ago was an open attempt to promote Communism.

Talk2BigSteve
01-30-2005, 03:32 PM
I actually did read the dobson site and that is where I wrote my review of it for posting on my website.

I think it is funny that this is the one big issue that they hate, trying to set their moral values of bigotry across a society when the video clearly is about all people getting along as we are the Global Family.

Anyway I thought it was funny another cartoon character criticized. I am surprised they did not go after Patrick the "Pink" Starfish who "Holds Hands" with SpongeBob and "Skips" down the road.

slavic
01-30-2005, 04:16 PM
I actually did read the dobson site and that is where I wrote my review of it for posting on my website.

What you may or may not have posted on your website is not the issue. You came here to defame a person, and you did it misrepresenting the actual words of the speaker.

Now I'll leave this thread alone before I incure the wrath of Snakehed.

Sephus
01-30-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think it is funny that this is the one big issue that they hate, trying to set their moral values of bigotry across a society when the video clearly is about all people getting along as we are the Global Family.

Anyway I thought it was funny another cartoon character criticized. I am surprised they did not go after Patrick the "Pink" Starfish who "Holds Hands" with SpongeBob and "Skips" down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

well you are pretty lazy then. the problem focus on the family has doesnt really have anything to do with the cartoon character itself.

this is linked from the front page of family.org (http://www.family.org/docstudy/newsletters/a0035339.cfm) (website seems to be down at the moment)