PDA

View Full Version : Did I horribly botch this hand? Big stack vs manic Big stack, JJ in BB

bigredlemon
01-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t545)
Hero (t2575)
UTG (t1445)
MP (t2550)
Button (t885)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t2550 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t1350.

Reads: MP was the short/mid stack and got doubled up 3 orbits ago. He then began play as a manic, min-raising every other hand, and usually bet out on the flop. He hasn't been challenged yet as everyone just folds. He was seen making a pot-sized bet in EP a few hands ago with 3 behind him and another play all in preflop. Everyone folded and he showed J5o, for no pair, no draw.

The mid stack is very tight, and has bled off half his stack by villain's constant steals. I've been maintaing my stack by making a against tight UTG every other orbit, and raising it with decent hands. Given the nature of the table, I could probably make it ITM with little difficulty and watch as the short stacks take bites out of the manic as they are eventually forced to get aggressive.

Here, Villain raises as usual. My options are:
1. call, see and flop and let him trap himself if just rags come, and fold to any A, K, Q, and take a stand elsewhere.

2. push and force him to either lay down his hand or see what is most likely a coin flip.

3. Min raise to show strength, then play the flop according to what comes up. Fold if re-raised.

4. Make a large enough raise to tell him I have a real hand, and that he should fold. Call if raised.

Given the nature of the table, I think #1 would have been the best choice, followed by #3, then #2. I did #4 and goofed. Correct analysis?