PDA

View Full Version : Quick flop question...T9s...

thirddan
01-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Acting before me are two sLA-P
Acting after me is a LP-P, a LA-A, a sLP-A, a LP-P... in that order

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

Comments? Does the combonation of players behind me make this raise unprofitable if i can't get them all out or get a free turn card?

ravballz
01-29-2005, 11:04 PM
i think i'd fold here, because if you hit the 8 you probably need to avoid the 8d, giving you only 3 outs to the straight. also i doubt you will get much money from the rest of the callers on a board with 4 to the straight, unless someone else has a 9 and hit a lower straight.

your best shot is the backdoor flush imo

i also doubt you will get a free card with that many people in the pot

Monty Cantsin
01-29-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does the combonation of players behind me make this raise unprofitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion, yes.

/mc

admiralfluff
01-29-2005, 11:13 PM
I think a fold is incorrect. I think the raise is wrong. You will rarely buy the button or a free card with the LAGs, and I don't think you have the equity to raise for value. I just call here.

thirddan
01-29-2005, 11:13 PM
i think a T may also win the pot for me...i would give myself about 4-6 outs...also, with the combonation of loose players behind me i expect to get paid if i hit...also, if i can get someone with TJ/KQ type hands to fold that is good...

Brian
01-29-2005, 11:24 PM
I would fold the Flop for the same reasons mentioned by the other posters. Your overcard outs are shady at best with this Flop, as the 9 gives anyone with an 8 a straight. You could also easily hit a Ten on the Turn only to be outdrawn on the River; this is a big factor with this very draw-oriented board. Really the only card you are happy to see are the 3 non-Diamond 8's. Even if the 8d on the Turn doesn't give anyone a Flush, it will leave anyone with a Diamond 9 outs vs. your straight. You are getting 9:1 immediate odds to call, but you are a 15:1 dog to hit the 3 8's. Others may come in behind you, thus improving your odds; however, there also may be a raise behind you, thus cutting down your odds. The backdoor Flush draw is certainly a factor and is IMO the only thing that makes it close.

Make the pot larger with a pre-Flop raise from the BB, or make the board rainbow, or etc., and I think you'd have more of a case for a raise. But here I can't really even see calling.

-Brian

[EDIT]: I don't really like the pre-Flop limp either, but if the table is loose enough and there aren't many pre-Flop raises, then it is fine.

thirddan
01-29-2005, 11:26 PM
is there any merit to a raise if the players behind me are tight?

admiralfluff
01-29-2005, 11:33 PM
assuming the loosies call, which they probably will, I think he can build a reasonably large pot should one of his draws come in. If they raise behind, cutting down his immediate odds, his implied odds skyrocket. The backdoor flush draw is key in making this a hand to continue with IMO. Given none of his opponents are skilled, I think going on with the hand is ok. I'd give myself 3.5 outs ofr the straight, 1.5 for the bd flush, and 1.5 for the tens. I think 6 outs is enough to call here if the loosies come in behind.

admiralfluff
01-29-2005, 11:37 PM
maybe if there were 2 behind on a rainbow flop? With that many "tight" players behind you, you'd have to worry about a flush draw, set ... I don't think I'd raise this even if it garaunteed a free card. but that's just me.

ghostface
01-29-2005, 11:44 PM
I have to say that is great table selection. That hand has 6 ppl in it? And no TAA's, thats niiice. Very nice.

thirddan
01-29-2005, 11:45 PM
yeah, the table was quite good...but broke up after about 80 hands /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Entity
01-29-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is there any merit to a raise if the players behind me are tight?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, it'll prevent them from calling with gutshots and overcards, so there's more of a merit to it, but you're going to get 3-bet on this flop pretty often. I'm with the others about folding on the flop.

Rob