PDA

View Full Version : Fun with QQ

brizzypare
01-29-2005, 10:02 PM
I don't have the hand history for the converter, so I'll just wing it here:

20/2 sng.

Blinds: 15/30

Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG+1. UTG folds, Hero raises 3BB. MP calls, CO calls, BB calls. Pot now has 375 chips.

Flop 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets 375, leaving me with 250 chips left. MP folds, CO calls, BB moves all-in.

Hero....? Is this a pretty standard call?

Did I bet too much on the flop? At this point I was pretty much pot committed, and the only way I'd get called is if I was beaten or the other guy was an idiot.

Results in white:
<font color="white">
Hero calls, CO calls.
Hero: QQ
Big Blind: 76o
Cut off: A4o</font>

David04
01-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Hahahahahaha I love CO's call!

I think on the flop you either have to check or push. You are most likely going to call a raise that puts you all-in anyways.

willperkins
01-29-2005, 10:25 PM
With t375 in the pot, my normal bet would have been about 1/2 the pot (somewhere around t200). If he goes all in (I am asuming his push puts you all in), you have a decision to make:

1. fold: you still have t425 and the blinds are at 15/30, so you are still plenty of chips.

2. push: If he pushes that means there is t1000 in the pot and you have t250 left. You are getting 4 to 1 pot odds. What would he call your original raise with? It could be lots of hands because he was getting 5.25 to 1 pot odd to call. He could have called with A7s. A6s, 77, 66, 76s or any pocket pair 88-JJ. I don't think he has AA or KK because he would have rearaised. I don't think he has QQ because you have two of the Qs. I don't think he would have pushed with AK or AQ.

IMHO, you are way behind and drawing to two outs. I would fold.

bigredlemon
01-29-2005, 11:42 PM
With the blinds so low, you have to bet more than t90. A lot of players will call with crap because of the great implied odds early-game.

On the flop, I think you made an overbet. With a pot sized bet on a paired flop with no likely draws, you're only going to be called by a bigger hand. Either bet less or push.