PDA

View Full Version : Aborted Slowplay

UseThePeenEnd
01-29-2005, 09:16 PM
My image here is LAA after about 35 hands- I'm actually TAA with some SLAA sessions, but held cards to have a VPIP near 30 in this session.

Auto-rate 4 players, two of who are buddy listed: Button is a 49 / 1 LPP and will show down against Clint Eastwood with an unloaded BB gun. SB is a 41/ 12 LAP. BB is a 57/ 1 LPP. UTG is a 15/ 6 TAP. The LPP's call almost every 2-bet PF, but become skittish over cold calling 3-bets from the tighter players.

I dont routinely slowplay sets, but this situation is ideal- almost exactly like the example on p.73 of HEPFAP. When I abandoned my previous plan to slowplay and 3-bet the flop I thought that all would come along (all but one are loose).

I wonder if the better plan was to call the raise on the flop and checkraise the turn. The opponents are such that it would be somewhat unlikely to be checked through- two of these players would bet any pair if it was checked to them. If it got checked to the SB who bet and I checkraised, there would be no net difference if no one else called, but if just one additional opponent were beguiled, I would have gained a net additional 1-2 big bets. I dont think this would have been worth the danger of it being checked through. Comments?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, UTG folds.

River: (13 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Jh Ac (one pair, jacks).
Hero has Js Jd (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 15 BB. </font>

Entity
01-29-2005, 09:18 PM
3-bet preflop.

The rest is ok. There isn't much SB can be checkraising with here, so I'd probably just call on the flop and raise the inevitable turn bet.

Rob