PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker 2/4 Limit

KeithF40
01-29-2005, 09:12 PM
Can someone tell me how to crush the 2/4 or 3/6 limit hold em games on party poker. I plan on multitabling 4 tables at a time. Also what amount of money should I buy in there or does anyone else have any suggestions on the best way to make money online playing poker with around those limits. Thanks.

SinCityGuy
01-29-2005, 09:17 PM
It's easy. Just join the other 2,000 2+2 multitablers and try to find a table with fewer than 6 of them.

Good luck.

UseThePeenEnd
01-29-2005, 09:21 PM
Flop 7 sets/ 200 hands. This worked quite well for me Friday night. I've decided that flopping sets at a slower rate than this is a dangerous leak in your game...

buffett
01-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Don't forget to start with AA at least 10% of the time.
-web

Monty Cantsin
01-29-2005, 09:51 PM
First you'll need to find someone to stake you. Since you plan to be a winning player, this shouldn't be a problem. Next, you'll need 3 or 4 of the biggest, most expensive flat screen monitors you can find. Next, buy Poker Tracker, Player View, Collusion Buster, Fish Finder, OutCounter Plus, Pot Pumper 3.0, and SetFlopper Deluxe. Finally, start a thread on 2+2 asking whether your 200+ BB downswing could be fixed by moving up to 15/30 to "avoid the suckouts".

/mc

KeithF40
01-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Wow I didnt except to get a bunch of assholes to respond to my thread. Since this is a serious question I would appreciate a serious response.

captZEEbo1
01-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Your entire poker bankroll should be about 300*BB (big bet, not big blind) if you are a winning player (meaning for $2/4 that's 300*4 or $1200 dollars). Another way to crush these limits is to read Small Stakes Hold 'em. One more tip is to track all your results by using the Pokertracker (http://www.pokertracker.com) software to analyze your results and plug your leaks.

private joker
01-29-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow I didnt except to get a bunch of assholes to respond to my thread. Since this is a serious question I would appreciate a serious response.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a serious question. I'll let others elaborate. Do you see why?

buffett
01-29-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would appreciate a serious response.

[/ QUOTE ]

All your base are belong to us.

SinCityGuy
01-29-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow I didnt except to get a bunch of assholes to respond to my thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy didn't want to feel left out.

http://img185.exs.cx/img185/9943/ahole0eh.jpg

KeithF40
01-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Thanks captain finally someone doesnt have their head in their ass. Since I plan on multi tabling on about 4 tables how would that effect the bankroll I plan to start with.

PokeHer
01-29-2005, 11:07 PM
it doesnt

adamstewart
01-29-2005, 11:40 PM
You will find part of your answers here. (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php)

Oh ya.... and you should also check out the "Beginner's Forum" and the "Mirco-Limits Forum."

Glad to be of service...

Adam

Harv72b
01-30-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop 7 sets/ 200 hands. This worked quite well for me Friday night. I've decided that flopping sets at a slower rate than this is a dangerous leak in your game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I discovered tonight that hitting your set on the river after leading out every street with an underpair is even better. They never see that one coming.

buffett
01-30-2005, 01:29 AM
Adam,
That link is so awesome! Thanks for brightening my evening. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-web

afk
01-30-2005, 01:31 AM
Dude. You're telling us you're going to play 4 tables at a time, yet you're asking how to play near perfect poker while simultaneously asking (if that's what you mean by crushing the game) about simple bankroll and buy-in requirements and other such vague questions as "does anyone else have any suggestions on the best way to make money online playing poker with around those limits."

I don't mean to be assholish, but it really seems like you aren't ready if you're asking questions like these.

lmbree
01-30-2005, 01:46 AM
Definitely read a few books(1st Lee Jones, 2 Small Stakes), and if you are a beginner (which I assume by your post) take time playing 1 table .5 - 1. And I don't typically post, but wanted to let you know that this site is very helpful, if you ask questions that can be answered- aka how did i play this hand against these players.

GrunchCan
01-30-2005, 02:15 AM
That was a great link. I'll be replying to many threads with that link in the future.

Catt
01-30-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone tell me how to crush the 2/4 or 3/6 limit hold em games on party poker. I plan on multitabling 4 tables at a time. Also what amount of money should I buy in there or does anyone else have any suggestions on the best way to make money online playing poker with around those limits. Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
First you'll need to find someone to stake you. Since you plan to be a winning player, this shouldn't be a problem. Next, you'll need 3 or 4 of the biggest, most expensive flat screen monitors you can find. Next, buy Poker Tracker, Player View, Collusion Buster, Fish Finder, OutCounter Plus, Pot Pumper 3.0, and SetFlopper Deluxe. Finally, start a thread on 2+2 asking whether your 200+ BB downswing could be fixed by moving up to 15/30 to "avoid the suckouts".

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, this is the best advice you could possibly get, and you're asking for repeated abuse by ignoring it and demanding "serious" advice. Just what does "serious" mean in your language? Listen to the man!

KeithF40
01-30-2005, 05:59 AM
Ive been playing online for a long time and winning. I normally play 2/4 limit but then switched to NL and now want to go back to limit as I can multitable there alot easier. I know of friends who make tons of money playing online and feel like they have some kind of secret or something exclusivly for online play. When I play against them in real life they dont dominate like they do online and trust me they are not lying. Some of them are making 10s of thousands online playing similair limits. Also how do you use this poker tracker software to get feedback or your game. Does it analyze the data for you and tell you what you did wrong and if you have to look at the numbers yourself can you tell me what kind of numbers I should be looking for.

Harv72b
01-30-2005, 12:08 PM
Okay, serious answer:

1) Read. Small Stakes Hold'Em and Theory of Poker at a minimum, but there are many other good books out there (a forum search will reveal multiple threads listing them).
2) Have patience. The worst thing that could possibly happen to you is to get on a hot streak and start winning 15 BB/100 hands immediately. You are not going to "crush" any limit of online poker. The idea is to play good, fundamental poker and slowly but steadily build your bankroll over time.
3) Stay on these forums, and read what other people post. Look at the hand histories posted here, read the responses, and if you don't understand a point or disagree with one, say so. Go ahead an take a stab at answering some of the threads yourself, and don't be afraid of being contradicted by other posters...this will increase your learning curve exponentially.
4) Don't be so quick to rattle. Many of the replies above are just smart-assed quips aimed at what truly is a fish question that gets asked here on a regular basis. If you're going to get upset or frustrated over that, then I can only imagine what's going to happen when you suffer four or five bad beats in a row on a table.
5) Remember that it's all about the long run. Your friends making tens of thousands of dollars a year don't have to win a ton of money every single day or every session. If you play four tables of 2/4 for 20 hours a week (80 hours/week game time) and average just 1 BB/hour, that's $16,640 over the course of a full year.
6) You can find the answers to your questions about PokerTracker by running a search of these forums; there are literally dozens of threads just from the last week on this topic. If you have more specific questions which you can't find an answer for, the Books/Software forum is the proper place to ask.

Nobody here is trying to insult you. It's just that if you ask a stupid question and have a dozen people tell you it's a stupid question, well...it's a stupid question. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rooster71
01-30-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Finally, start a thread on 2+2 asking whether your 200+ BB downswing could be fixed by moving up to 15/30 to "avoid the suckouts".

[/ QUOTE ]
This is priceless!

buffett
01-30-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how do you use this poker tracker software to get feedback or your game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude.
Listen to Adam.
Search before you ask.
-web

KeithF40
01-31-2005, 05:24 AM
Ive read Sklanskys hold em book and the advanced version. I find that these books dont really pertain to the games that Im going to play online. I feel these books pertain more to 5/10 and upwards limit games like one of my other friends plays very successfully. Sometimes he gives me advice on play and although its solid advice it doesnt really apply to the 2/4 games that youre going to find online.

Tony Corbett
01-31-2005, 07:58 AM
A typical Party $2/$4 table will have a minimum of 5+ tightass multitablers doing exactly what you are planinig to to do. Sklanskys Advanced book is getting more relevant at this limit by the day.

Table selection is also becoming more important. Twelve months ago I would sit at the next available table with a seat spare and it would almost always be a good game. Today I would say at the times I play only one in three are worth sitting at. I now scout tables something I never used to do at this limit.