PDA

View Full Version : Live 30-60 Tunica Hand Vs. Gonores (Some Content)

fsuplayer
01-29-2005, 08:06 PM
okay 30-60 at binions, been there 30mins.
a LAG, a couple of TAG's and some meh's.
3 folds, LAG folds, I raise A /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP or so.

folded to gonores in the BB who is already laughing, talking crap to me, he defends.

flop: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

check, I bet, gonores CR's, I 3 bet, he calls.

turn: K /images/graemlins/club.gif

check, I bet, gonores check raises, I think for a while, decides this joker snagged a five on the flop and call, preying for a /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

river: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

he bets, I raise, he reraises. i call.

what does gonores have? did I miss any value?

results to follow.

fsuplayer

elysium
01-29-2005, 08:18 PM
hi fsu

JTh. calls fine on the river.

you do a little better to limp-in pre-flop. i love the flop 3-bet. fantatico.

stoxtrader
01-29-2005, 09:50 PM
I do believe another raise on the river is in order...

Clarkmeister
01-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Most logically is the KhXh, but there's always a chance he flopped or turned a tight. But if he really 3-bets with less than the nut flush given the action so far, that's a pretty damn bad 3-bet on his part. Frankly, there's no way I'm 4-betting on the river here, though I suppose one could 4-bet and fold to a 5-bet.

fsuplayer
01-30-2005, 08:16 PM
yeah, I couldnt really put him on a house except for the slight chance of eights full, but given the way he played it, i didnt think there was much value in 4 betting as he could fold a lower flush or trips to that.

i thought i had played it very much like high hearts, and his 3bet told me that those were not quite good enough.

that and the [censored]-eating grin on his face told me to just call.

I verbally growned as I was calling (the table knew that we were friends) and gonores says, "I dont think you are going to like this very much," as he flips over 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the straight flush.

He's right, I didnt like that one very much. nothing like playing at your highest limits ever and getting waxed by your good friend. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

after the hand, doug said something like "hey bud, ill grab the cab fare back to memphis on sunday." I replied "hell, with that pot, how 'bout you fly me home first class?"

the table didnt really suspect any sort of soft playing between the two of us after that hand.

ni han dougiefish.

Michael Davis
01-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Gonores had a lot of outs on the river, no?

-Michael

gonores
01-30-2005, 08:33 PM
There was like 33 cards that could've come on the river where I would've won the pot. The flop 3-bet let me put him squarely on overcards, and a very-likely ace. From my point of view, there was a great chance he was folding on this turn.

SA125
01-30-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There was like 33 cards that could've come on the river where I would've won the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Just some young guys having fun. Life is good.

sthief09
01-30-2005, 10:39 PM
it would've been a lot worse if he trifecta'ed your ass

fsuplayer
01-30-2005, 10:41 PM
yeah, then he would have really pwned me bad.

fsuplayer
01-30-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There was like 33 cards that could've come on the river where I would've won the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Just some young guys having fun. Life is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

cant beat that.

TStoneMBD
01-31-2005, 03:04 AM
what is the infatuation with trifectors? i think its ridiculous. if gonores went for the trifector he would have lost a bet. granted a checkraise on the river may have been correct on his part, but i think he owned your ass by going for the 3bet instead of the trifector.

fsuplayer
01-31-2005, 02:55 PM
bc hat-tricking someone rocks. they are your bitch so completely for the hand.

if doug knew what i had, he would have gone for it, been successful, and could have 4 bet me too.

glad he didnt. for pride's sake.

Schneids
01-31-2005, 07:14 PM
Dear Douglas,

[ QUOTE ]
The flop 3-bet let me put him squarely on overcards, and a very-likely ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

More reasons to fast play a big pair on the flop since many opponents will still let you get 2+ bets in on the turn even after playing the flop hard... Lets face it in middle limits a lot of opponents are over aggressive.

(for those who have no idea what I'm talking about, click here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1640891&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1). That Gonores post was inspired by a discussion by him and me about flop action vs. turn action, itself a discussion inspired by these hands (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1636028&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) I posted).

BarronVangorToth
01-31-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is the infatuation with trifectors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Short-term, they appear to be -EV but when they hit, they automatically become long-term +EV.

The Trifecta -- or Check-raise Hat Trick -- is much like the mighty unicorn: something not to search for but, when you can see one, very worthwhile.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

fsuplayer
01-31-2005, 07:43 PM
fwiw-

i would play an overpair the exact same way against doug here and he knows that.

except of course for the river raise.

gonores
01-31-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
More reasons to fast play a big pair on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, your argument has merit. Fastplaying big pairs will extract extra bets. However, the converse of this (raising rurns with overcards as well as overpairs) means extra pots. For instance, in this hand, if FSU calls the flop and raises the turn, I don't have 33 outs on the river...I have 10. Obviously, this isn't rocket science, but I don't need to pick up that many extra pots by raising turns with overs to make up for the extra bets I leave on the table when they fold to my overpair turn raise.

fsuplayer
01-31-2005, 09:58 PM
so i guess raising the flop to tie a good player to the pot is soooo last fall?