PDA

View Full Version : Stop the Bleeding

fsuplayer
01-29-2005, 03:51 PM
I felt lost on this hand, anybody have a better plan?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

thanks guys,

fsuplayer

lapoker17
01-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Jesus, I can't believe you're playing limit.

gonores
01-29-2005, 04:59 PM
If there was a flush draw on this flop, you have a glimmer of hope with QT here. Without one, you are beaten 99% of the time. Fold this bad boy on the turn.

I'm also more inclined to check-raise this flop instead of betting out. I also like one or two more limpers to sneak in with this PF, OOP.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-29-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If there was a flush draw on this flop, you have a glimmer of hope with QT here. Without one, you are beaten 99% of the time. Fold this bad boy on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't neccessarily agree with this statement as UTG checked the turn after caapping the flop. that makes little sense here and the CO poster doesnt neccessarily have to have QT beat to raise the flop initially and bet the turn when checked to. there's enough of a chance that hero's hand might be good, albiet thin. but the pot is huge and utg's hand doesn't seem that hot. but i would agree with dumping on the turn if utg had bet it, but he didn't.

stoxtrader
01-29-2005, 06:50 PM
I think pre-flop is fine, but given the size of the pot, I think a c/r is the play on the flop, also if it comes 2 back to you you can decide if you want to 3 bet and shut people out or give up on the hand right there...

partygirluk
01-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Why does everyone think C/R the flop is better? Given that UTG raised PF, wouldn't leading out and hoping he raising better at protecting your hand than C/R a possible UTG bet when everyone has already paid 1 bet?

Lmn55d
01-29-2005, 07:05 PM
hey man, can you expand this a little. What exactly do you mean by "b/c of the size of the pot". Just trying to learn.

gonores
01-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Wow, I misread the post. You're right. I thought UTG bet the turn

fsuplayer
01-29-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Jesus, I can't believe you're playing limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

depends which is tickling my fancy. i dont usually play either for more than 2-3mths in a row however.

fsuplayer
01-29-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the CO poster doesnt neccessarily have to have QT beat to raise the flop initially and bet the turn when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was my thinking, and why I 3 bet. when the turn was checked through to the CO, I felt real strange folding there for one bet.

fsuplayer
01-29-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why does everyone think C/R the flop is better? Given that UTG raised PF, wouldn't leading out and hoping he raising better at protecting your hand than C/R a possible UTG bet when everyone has already paid 1 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my thinking and why I went for the lead out and get raised play.

Ian J
01-29-2005, 10:05 PM
I like that better. Lots of players are raising AK/AQ there, and you'd love that.

Ian J
01-29-2005, 10:07 PM
I know you're not thrilled about your hand on the turn, but I think c/r'ing the turn is much much better than check-calling. Obviously that's the last dime you put in on the turn. If you don't get 3 bet, you're showing down unless some horrible card rivers or somehow you have to put in 2 on the river.

Paluka
01-29-2005, 10:08 PM
I think you played this hand fine, it just feels weird because UTG played whatever his hand was so badly that it threw everyone else off.

fsuplayer
01-29-2005, 10:21 PM
thanks for the replies. lots of good discussion on every street.

the CO struck gold on the the hand and his 105o was more than good enough.

thanks,

fsuplayer

partygirluk
01-30-2005, 05:17 PM
No one who advocated C/Ring the flop has explained why. To me it looks like a bet out situation, and it isn't even close.