PDA

View Full Version : The "Let's lose ten bucks" Challenge

wegs the wegs
01-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Alright, it's official... I'm bored.

Girlfriend is away for the weekend and Saturday afternoon's just aren't what they used to be. So here is what I'm going to do:

Im going to take $10 and sit down at the .05/.10 NL on UB.
If I lose I'll go back to my normal two tabling of .25/.50
Any time I hit $25 I'll leave the table and buy in at the .10/.25 table for the full amount.
Any time at that table that I hit $50 I'll move up again... so on and so forth, you get the idea.
Now I don't know the odds on this one but I'm guessing there's a pretty good chance I'll bust out here. I don't really have a money goal, I guess I should. What is a good target to shoot for on this?

If anyone wants to join in, feel free.

mason55
01-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Interested in hearing how this goes.

AncientPC
01-29-2005, 06:43 PM
I wipe my ass with $10, $15 if I've had chili.

Lame joke aside I did this on Pacific when I turned 81¢ into $14. I lost back to $11.71 and then pissed away $11 in a $10+$1 MTT placing 2 from the bubble.

Playing at a lower level than what you're used to is good for kicks and lets you vent a bit.

wegs the wegs
01-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Alright. I'm done. I lost... to quad fours.

It took me 2 hours and 21 minutes to get from $10 to $25 on the .05/.10 tables. Sad but true. I was at $22 and dealt KK. The guy who had just sat down, first hand at the table, pushed his $10. What do you know, AA! Went on a dry spell for an hour and then finally hit $27.75

I took a break for an hour or so, then hit the .10/.25 with $25. Was down early but hit a straight and tripled up to about $35. Made a successful bluff on a $15 pot to put me up to $55.50. It only took 36 minutes.

One minute later I was at the .25/.50 ready to go with $50. Did not play my best. Had two hands where I flopped TPTK bet and was called down to the river and the opponent had an overpair. Was down to about $25 when I had Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the CO. Limped around to me, I called, button called, blinds check.

Flop is 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif which is checked around, I check, button who has been stealing pots quite a bit, bets the pot at 2.50. Folded to me, I call.

Turn is the 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Check. Check.

River is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet pot, he raise, I push. End of Story.

So overall I lost 1.75 on this fun filled day.