PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Rooney

partygirluk
01-29-2005, 03:23 PM
Wow.

cockandbull
01-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Just seen the goals. The first was a good if somewhat easy finish, the second was good. Check out the Huddersfield game for some good goals.

harry

Tosh
01-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Well he has been very ordinary in general for Man United, so 1 game doesn't change that.

partygirluk
01-29-2005, 08:38 PM
His debut was anything but ordinary. And he is only just 19. I think he has the talent to be England's greatest ever player. Hope he fulfils it.

Bez
01-29-2005, 08:53 PM
As an Everton fan I'd like to thank Manchester United for the huge amount of cash you gave us for Rooney. He's quality, but we're better off without him (and with the £27 million).

Tosh
01-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Yes he had a good debut against a crap team and he has talent, yet he has had far more bad games than good games overall. He is england's most overly hyped player yes, but greatest ever? Nah he just won't be around long enough, I give him 5 more years at the top level, tops.

partygirluk
01-29-2005, 09:44 PM
Why? You think he will do a Gazza?
How many English players can you think of that have more talent than Rooney?
I have only been following football since 90, and the only one that comes close is Gazza. Shearer, Lineker, Campbell, Beckham don't come close. History may see them as better players than Rooney, but they have nowhere near his talent.

Voltron87
01-29-2005, 10:01 PM
There is a significant chance Rooney will do a Gazza.

cockandbull
01-29-2005, 10:04 PM
I agree with what your saying about talent, however he has shown he is more than capable of self-destructing. He has a similar mentally to his club mate Alan Smith and that seems to have held Smith back. A good example of this is the spain game. He also has Gazzas ability to do the plain silly, i'e sleep with a whore.

While all that i have writern is true, i think had Paul gone to UTD rather than Spurs he would have turned out a little different. So although i dont say this very often, Sir Alec is the right man for him.

harry

KJS
01-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Know where I can get free video of the goals? I read about them and they sound like they need to be seen to be appreciated. Thanks.

KJS