PDA

View Full Version : Anything wrong here?

Absolution
01-29-2005, 02:47 PM
About 1 hour into a low-buy MTT. It's been extremely LAG even for these stakes (must be the weekend). There are a few huge stacks at the table who are seeing every flop and have been lucky so far.

The converter isn't working so (I'm UTG and the table is 10 handed):

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hand #4198865-54 at Sat1215pmA-004 (No Limit tournament Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 29/Jan/05 13:10:46

Iseeeveryflop2 is at seat 2 with 6030.
Iseeeveryflop is at seat 3 with 9055.
Absolution is at seat 8 with 3005.
The button is at seat 5.

posts the small blind of 30.
posts the big blind of 60.

Absolution: Ad As

Pre-flop:

Absolution raises to 180. Iseeeveryflop2 calls.
Iseeeveryflop calls.

Flop (board: 5h Qd 4d):

Absolution bets 400. (longish pause) Iseeeveryflop2 calls. Iseeeveryflop
folds.

Turn (board: 5h Qd 4d 8s):

Absolution bets 1430. (another small pause) Iseeeveryflop2 goes all-in for
5450. Absolution goes all-in for 2425. Iseeeveryflop2
is returned 3025 (uncalled).

Tournament all-in showdown -- players show:

Iseeeveryflop2 shows 5d 5s.
Absolution shows Ad As.

River (board: 5h Qd 4d 8s Kh):

(no action in this round)

Showdown:

Iseeeveryflop2 has 5d 5s 5h Qd Kh: three fives.
Absolution has Ad As Qd 8s Kh: a pair of aces.

Hand #4198865-54 Summary:

No rake is taken for this hand.
Iseeeveryflop2 wins 6280 with three fives.
----------------------------------------------------------------

I've given them appropriate names. Iseeeveryflop is a guy who has been at this table with me since the start. He's been very lucky and rarely folds if he has any piece. I wasn't worried about him and actually liked seeing him come along since he had already doubled me once. Iseeeveryflop2 is someone who was just brought to the table, but has also been limping/calling into every flop (and continued to do so after I busted as I watched). From what I had seen before I really couldn't put them on anything that worried me (not that I was with rockets). I bet 2/3 pot on the flop, knowing that one of them would call since it wasn't a pot bet and at these tournaments anything less is suspicious. When he called I was worried about the diamond, but figured he had a queen with crappy kicker and my plan was to bet the pot on the turn if no diamond fell. So, that's what I did and he came back over the top all-in. I admit, I didn't hesitate in calling. The pauses in between his calls worried me because that is almost always a sign of strength with these guys, but being below the average and the quick structure convinced me very quickly. I figured there was a good chance I was beat, but I generally don't throw away chances like these and without any other knowledge I kind of lump these guys into the weak player/no fold'em/bluff too much category (Oh and my AA had just been cracked in an earlier tournament when I was 96% to win - one of those days). On the other hand, I actually made his 55 preflop call very profitable since he got my entire stack. Sets are just so well hidden. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Anything wrong with my thinking or line?