PDA

View Full Version : Satellites to non-Main Events at WSOP

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-29-2005, 01:02 PM
So... hypothetically speaking, let's say I'll be in Vegas during the earlier part of the WSOP and would be interested in trying to satellite into a $2k event. Do they even have many satellites for events other than the Main Event? If they do, where should I be looking for them?

megabit
01-29-2005, 04:46 PM
What I recall hearing is yes. They have satellites that you win lammers worth X (say $500) of buy-in that can be used for any of the events.

Mike

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-31-2005, 11:19 AM
Bumparillo

Acesover8s
01-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Yes, they run satellites for every event, the buyins are generally a multiple of 50$ + 25$, so a $100 + $25 will award two lammers, although deals are often made.

The thing is, it gets more and more difficult every year to get non-NL holdem satellites run. If you want to play a PLO satellite you need to bug the floorman in charge of satellites and stay on him until he calls it. Last year, they ran ONE horse satellite on the daya prior to the horse event. So, luckily when it finally ran it was myself, Mel Judah, Berry Johnston, another bracelet holder, and 3 guys who didn't even know what game it was.

If you're good at NL holdem SNG's you can clean up on these things and sell the lammers or use them to enter any event you want.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-31-2005, 11:55 AM
Yeah... I'm worried that it'll be impossible to get a limit hold'em satellite. I'd want to play the $2k limit hold'em event #10. It'd be kind of silly if I had to play NLHE to get in. So the idea is that I just go bug the floor to put up an SNG? How difficult is it to get any given cardroom to just put up an SNG, especially when it's busy? I'd tend to think it's damn near impossible.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-31-2005, 11:59 AM
Are there any satellites online that'll give you lammers good for any event? It seems like every one I see is for the main event. [censored] it - maybe I'll just get out of the kiddie pool, hurt someone in a cash game, and call that my satellite.

tylerdurden
01-31-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] it - maybe I'll just get out of the kiddie pool, hurt someone in a cash game, and call that my satellite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget to make some moves!

BTW, this strategy is better than an "offical" satellite, since it's really hard to wipe your ass with 16 lammers.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-31-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] it - maybe I'll just get out of the kiddie pool, hurt someone in a cash game, and call that my satellite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget to make some moves!

BTW, this strategy is better than an "offical" satellite, since it's really hard to wipe your ass with 16 lammers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I'll for sure be making some moves - I thought that was implied. Anyway, this might be better anyway, as I can always take home $1k instead of being stuck with 2 $500 lammers if I so choose. Although, that might be a bad thing too - maybe I need to not have any outs, especially since the wifey'll be there for this one. She'll [censored] a brick if she sees me putting $2k up for a tournament I'll surely get my ass kicked in, but if I end up winning $2k worth of lammers... well... what am I to do?

Acesover8s
01-31-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah... I'm worried that it'll be impossible to get a limit hold'em satellite. I'd want to play the $2k limit hold'em event #10. It'd be kind of silly if I had to play NLHE to get in. So the idea is that I just go bug the floor to put up an SNG? How difficult is it to get any given cardroom to just put up an SNG, especially when it's busy? I'd tend to think it's damn near impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they'll be running satellites constantly, as soon as one stops another will start in its place. The only thing is convincing them to start other games, the best way I've found is to get a couple other people to tell em they would play in it as well.

Last year, the golden nugget also ran "satellites", although they were simpley sitngos with 1 person getting paid in cash. The structure was much better than the WSOP sats.

Let me also state that the structure to the WSOP satellites is horrible. They make partypoker tournaments look like the main event.

Final note, check the PLO forum if you or anyone else is interesting in playing in the 1500$ PLO event, we are going to be running an online satellite for that event in a week or two.