PDA

View Full Version : JJ, first hand of $10+1

dtbog
01-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Blinds 10/15, everyone has T800. I'm CO-1.

UTG makes it T100 to go, one call. My JJ goes into the muck.

Too tight?

-DB

elonkra
01-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Yeah.

But what do I know.

johnny005
01-29-2005, 12:47 PM
I would fold that as well, I play very tight first three rounds... smaller raise i would have called... say 40-60.

dtbog
01-29-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
smaller raise i would have called... say 40-60.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Against players for which I don't have PT data, though, a 100 chip raise and a call is worrisome. Against known idiots, sure... but on the first hand, who knows? Every if I know they have TT and AK, I don't particularly want a coin flip this early.

-DB

Sedona Homie
01-29-2005, 01:07 PM
way too tight. you have position and the forth or fifth best possible hand. Betting 100 is a big bet early smells like A- 10, A-J, 10-10, 9-9 even. If he has AA, KK, QQ, he is getting no value from making such a large bet I have got to believe u are ahead at this point. Either call and push all in when flop comes all under cards (roughly 35% of the time) or call and see what developes.

J-Lo
01-29-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
way too tight. you have position and the forth or fifth best possible hand. Betting 100 is a big bet early smells like A- 10, A-J, 10-10, 9-9 even. If he has AA, KK, QQ, he is getting no value from making such a large bet I have got to believe u are ahead at this point. Either call and push all in when flop comes all under cards (roughly 35% of the time) or call and see what developes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I make a big raise w/ pocket pair early... and it often works at the $10 level.. i'l usually double up 75% of the time i get a big pocket pair like AA, KK or QQ... Because u don't wanna give odds to make a set

RobGW
01-29-2005, 02:26 PM
On a $10 table folding with good position with JJ is way too tight imo. You've got position, use it. I've seen so many people raise with mediocre hands, I can't imagine folding this. If the heat gets too hot then you can let it go but to just fold to one raise and a call is passing up an opportunity to get chips. These tables usually feature several bad players. Take their money while they are still in it.

dtbog
01-29-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These tables usually feature several bad players. Take their money while they are still in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true, and you and a few of the previous posters are very quick to assume that the players raising to T100 before the flop must be those bad players, and that they must be holding hands like ATo.

When I raise before the flop at the 10/15 level, it usually is to T90 or T100, and it's only with AA, KK, QQ, or AKs. Needless to say, against this range of hands, I would not want to be holding JJ.